Easymotion

Easymotion

Hi all I'm Easymotion from the UK . I have a BH Easymotion Neo Exstrem great bike . Fortunately it has now (a year and a half) started to ut out or shut power down with no fault code,been back to manufacture replace new motor and reprogram battery ,sadly it did the same yesterday just after 21miles I'm very frustrated it's got to go back again any ideas why it's doing this please?

Sorry to hear that @Easymotion I'm surprised that they tried the motor and the battery as it's usually the controller's fault. The controller is fairly easy to change. See what they say about getting you a new controller. I know that Easy Motion made some improvements to the old 36v controller. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Sometimes the connections can get corroded and cause issues. I would recommend opening the ones up by the handlebars and cleaning out with some alcohol. When you say it shuts down does the display totally turn off?

Hi there it's Carl again the shop owner desided to re torque the sensor and secure the controller by inserting the screw wich in fact was never there in the first place so I wonder when riding it vibrates and lose connection ! Yes when it looses power it goes totally blank I take it off then put it back turn on and it's OK for a while. Well I will be taking it out for a long run this morning will keep you posted .
Kind regards
Carl

Got it. Sounds like the controller and/or a connecter issue. Sometimes these issues can be a bit tricky, but hopefully your dealer can get you squared away.

Yes I think you right I went out today a 30mile round trip after about 26miles it all started again complete shut down controller blank no fault code,removed battery no luck did not fire up tapped on controller it came back to life for a couple of yards then cut out again carried on for about 3miles till I eventually got home. I can't remove controller whilst out on the road as the dealer secured it with a screw and did not have a small driver to remove it . I informed the dealer he is in contact with the manufacture so I'm waiting for the next move.

Yes I think you right I went out today a 30mile round trip after about 26miles it all started again complete shut down controller blank no fault code,removed battery no luck did not fire up tapped on controller it came back to life for a couple of yards then cut out again carried on for about 3miles till I eventually got home. I can't remove controller whilst out on the road as the dealer secured it with a screw and did not have a small driver to remove it . I informed the dealer he is in contact with the manufacture so I'm waiting for the next move.
You're going to get different advise, posting different information on multiple threads about one issue. You posted you had gotten an error code #9 on the other thread (HERE) about this issue. I'm curious what error codes you've gotten throughout? 26 or 30 miles on a 2 or 3 year old Neo - 317 watt hour battery pack, is fair range. I don't think tapping on the controller had anything to do with the bike powering back up, I think allowing the battery to rest allowed the bike to power up for a very short time. It appears you may just be losing power due to normal battery depletion, given it's size and age.

26 miles with 317 watt hour battery = 12 watt hour per mile, a good average. Not the best, but far from the worst.

If you've gotten error code #9, BH Easy Motion specifically states: "Motor Blocked - Motor stopped due to accident. Motor off." I don't know what BH's specific fix for this error is, but it sounds as though the motor is stopped suddenly (by an accident or by operator) and power continued to flow momentarily until the motor shut down. Error #9 is not one of the controller noted errors, nor is it a communication or torque sensor noted error.

I hope you're able to get this all sorted out, it does sound like you have an awesome dealer supporting you. Good luck!

Hi there you great thanks for the reply ,Infact they say I should get arround 56miles out of the battery I never have only arround 25/30 miles a most of the time I run in Eco mode the lowest power assist and use the gears yes so it could be the battery I'm just waiting for his reply .
Carl

Hi is Carl again Bh is know saying it's my battery I have only done 6061km/3700miles and its normal for them to go down at that mileage ? I can't quiet believe that!
Exsguse my ignorance were is the controller please ?

Hi is Carl again Bh is know saying it's my battery I have only done 6061km/3700miles and its normal for them to go down at that mileage ? I can't quiet believe that!
Exsguse my ignorance were is the controller please ?
The controller for Neo models is below the battery in the frame, for Evo models it's above the battery in the frame.

I can sympathize with your disappointment in loss of range. Range is the most important function for me. It happens gradually, but then one day you turn around and realize you've got 10 miles less range. It doesn't help battery packs are so expensive. I'm hoping battery pack rebuilding becomes commonplace with attractive, competitive prices. Cells are packing more and more power every few months it seems. There are a couple companies rebuilding packs in the US, I assume there are companies in Europe as well. Good luck!

Last edited:
a little off topic but JR could you post the names of the companies rebuilding packs in the US

thank you

Back