Easy Motion Street

Cathryn

Hello, I'm new to this group and looking at purchasing the Easy Motion Evo Street. On "paper" it looks really good to me and the company says this bike can support weight up to 250lbs. I'm hoping to ask riders familiar with this bike who may weigh up to that weight and how it performs for you. I appreciate your input! Thanks!

Hello, I'm new to this group and looking at purchasing the Easy Motion Evo Street. On "paper" it looks really good to me and the company says this bike can support weight up to 250lbs. I'm hoping to ask riders familiar with this bike who may weigh up to that weight and how it performs for you. I appreciate your input! Thanks!

Cathryn,

You have come to the right place :)

Check this out: http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/my-2015-evo-street-has-arrived.1533/

@PowerMe has the bike and she is the person to go to....

Hi Cathryn,

EVO Street is a nice ebike, especially if you are a shorter female, like me. Let me know if you have any questions. This ebike is exactly like the EVO City, just with 26" tires instead of 700c size tires, so comments about the EVO City are also applicable.

Hi PowerMe, thanks for the heads up! I'm glad to get your personal insight. Im only 5" 7" and my regular bike has 26 inchers so I think the fit will be good. I'm just concerned about my weight...

"only 5'7"?" I'm only about 5'. The EVO Street may be too small for you and in that case the EVO City Step Thru is the next size up.

As for the weight issue, I really don't know what is practical. Some people suggest a 500W motor and 48v battery combo for heavier folks, which is not available in the EVO Street or City versions.

"only 5'7"?" I'm only about 5'. The EVO Street may be too small for you and in that case the EVO City Step Thru is the next size up.

As for the weight issue, I really don't know what is practical. Some people suggest a 500W motor and 48v battery combo for heavier folks, which is not available in the EVO Street or City versions.
Hi PowerUp I used to be 5'8.5! After two spinal surgeries I'm so much shorter! My current bike is a ladies Trek comfort bike. It is supremo. I get out in the world and I'm too tired to make it home (hills). My husband has to fetch me. Thank you for your insight, I have looked at the 500 motors that are recommended for heavier riders. It's really all overwhelming the amount of e bikes offered. I had an electric trike in 2009 which only lasted a year. The company went out of business and I ended up donating the trike. I remember the 250w engine strained to propel me. I plan on testing at least 3 machines but I'm hoping the 350w combined with the technology of the bikes proves good for me. Or maybe there will be an upgrade for 2016. Anyway I appreciate your help! Have a great day!

Hi Cathryn, I have had my new Evo Street for 3 weeks now and have about 70miles on it. I am age 70 weigh about 177 and am 5'9". The size fits me well. A smaller size bike with a step thru frame makes the bike much easier to handle especially when stopping at a light when in traffic. Overall I love the bike. All systems seem to be working fine and holding up well. Have used it on pavement and hard packed trails with no problems. Really love the hill climbing ability as long as you are pedaling and the brakes are great on the downhills. Good luck with your search!

I'm 5'9", just under 200 lbs, and I have an EVO City. Which is the larger size to the Street. I haven't had any trouble with it, load-wise so far. Even when I sit my 40 lb daughter on the cargo rack or bring home groceries in the rear panniers I added. The only trouble I have is getting my leg over the back when it's hauling stuff on the back. But, if you're getting a Street, you get that nice step-thru that solves that. Wish the larger frame had that available. (the Street and City Wave are just too small for me.) Good luck! :)

If you want 500w, and a easy step through frame...hm. @PowerMe might disagree, but @Court won't, you should check out the Pedego Boomerang or the Interceptor mini. Both are linked. They just seem to have the right specs and frames for what people are looking for in an Ebike.

I have and Easy Motion EVO City, but my parents have Pedegos. (Interceptors, I think.) They're pretty happy with them and they have step-thru frames in all sizes. Differences I've noted:

1. Pedego is a cadence-sensing pedal assist and Easy Motion is a torque-sensing pedal assist.
2. Pedego is a slightly more cruiser-style frame and my Easy Motion is more of a city or dutch style.
3. Pedego allows throttle and pedal assist at the same time while Easy Motion is either-or.
4. Pedego has step-thru frames in the larger frame sizes, not just the smaller sizes.
5. Pedego has it's battery up on the rack, which makes it more top-heavy than the Easy Motion with it's battery mounted low and in the front.
6. Pedegoes (at least the cruiser style) is a 7-speed. Easy Motion is a 24-speed.
7. Pedego is American-made and Easy Motion is made in Spain. (Or, at least that's where they're assembled. Lots (most?) of the parts on both are made in China.)

They are very equivalent, I think. Both decent bikes. I felt like Easy Motion was just slightly better for the things that mattered to me. The 24-speed was a selling-point for me, as was the battery location. On the other hand, my parents really wanted that step-thru frame on the larger frame size and the 7-speed was fine since they never ride unpowered. Probably the cadence-sensing pedal-assist was better for them too. They also liked that it was American made, which I did too, but not enough to settle for a 7-speed.

The power of the motors actually feel about the same to me when I ride them. I'm not sure how the battery range compares because my parents never let it run down very far to test it out.

My parents say that on their Pedegos when the battery gets low, the motor seems less powerful. So, they like to keep it topped off. I haven't noticed any particular performance difference in my Easy Motion's motor when its fully charged than when it's near empty. I'm not sure if this is an actual problem with Pedegos or not, but that's what my Dad claims and he rides one. *shrug*

Hi Cathryn, I have had my new Evo Street for 3 weeks now and have about 70miles on it. I am age 70 weigh about 177 and am 5'9". The size fits me well. A smaller size bike with a step thru frame makes the bike much easier to handle especially when stopping at a light when in traffic. Overall I love the bike. All systems seem to be working fine and holding up well. Have used it on pavement and hard packed trails with no problems. Really love the hill climbing ability as long as you are pedaling and the brakes are great on the downhills. Good luck with your search!

Hello Beatle-Are you discussing the 'Easy Go Street'? Looks like that is the bike displayed in your member photo. I just purchased this bike for my wife and wanted to know your thoughts with distance. Thanks and ride safe.

Hello Power Me- Are you discussing the 'Easy Go Street'? Looks like that is the bike displayed in your member photo. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Hello Power Me- Are you discussing the 'Easy Go Street'? Looks like that is the bike displayed in your member photo. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Hi,

I haven't been here on EBR for a long, long time. I don't have an Easy Go, I have the Evo Street 2015 model. The Easy Go models came out in 2016 I think. Cheers!

Back