With the 36v battery PAS 1-3 no-load speed is:

1=12mph
2=17mph
3=20mph

And with the 48v battery PAS 1-3 no-load speed increased to:

1=14mph
2=19mph
3=24mph

I rigged up my XP's 48v battery (Samsung 35e cells, 30amp bms, 14Ah) to my X3's controller/LCD and it worked great. Upgrading to a 48v battery does increase performance but I didn't get to do a real test drive. I'll do that once I order my X3's dedicated 48v battery.

Last edited:
That is awesome to hear that an upgraded battery on the X3 will actually increase the speed of the bike. Fantastic work! I'm still waiting for the replacement LCD and/or controller for my X3 to arrive.. I was given a generic, 'please be patient, supply lines are slower than normal because of the coronavirus yada yada.' To be honest, I will be selling the X3 once repaired and putting the proceeds towards the new step-thru Lectric XP. Question, is the Lectric XP truly as good as all the reviews say it is? I really do like my X3 bike but between Eahora customer service and their slow response times I'm ready to make the switch to American-based ebike companies. Paying a small premium is definitely worth an American-based customer service with actual American on the other end.

I now have a beautiful RadPower, RadRunner and RadWagon and I could not be happier with both bikes. The both of them are truly fantastic machines and as soon as Rad sends me a replacement LED/LCD panel after the holiday, I will have two perfectly working bikes from RadPower!
20200702_001351.jpg
20200702_001351.jpg
20200622_202346.jpg
20200622_202346.jpg

Fingers crossed that my X3 will be repaired, as soon as the replacement LCD from Eahora arrives.. this was my first ebike that I purchased back in March. I would definitely advise anyone considering this bike, that yes it seems to be high quality but there is little to no community support or customer service from Eahora. Shortly after I bought this bike I bought a RadRunner from Rad Power Bikes and they are awesome. Sometimes it does pay, to pay a little premium for customer support and a larger community of riders.

I also hope your X3 is repaired, it's a nice little ebike. And no there isn't a community or support from Eahora unfortunately. That's something you gotta consider when checking out this ebike. I'm trying to build a community here but I'm not holding my breath.

The RadRunner is a much more popular bike and definitely has that community support as well as the implied quality.

Well let me know how your testing goes, and if Eahora will sell you another controller.. I don't really have the means to do that myself.. yet again, I will have to give it up to RadPower bikes and their customer support.. I was able to score a 2018 RadWagon on Facebook marketplace for $400. The sellers thought that they killed the battery, but in reality the LCD panel was waterlogged and it would not turn on the bike.. I attached another LCD I had on my rad runner bike and voila it works perfect.. I contacted rad for a replacement LCD, so all when I only spent $500 for a $1,500 bike

Getting Eahora to sell me an X7 controller and LCD is going to be an uphill battle. The company may go under.

You got a great deal on that used RadWagon! I would've done the same.

I now have a beautiful RadPower, RadRunner and RadWagon and I could not be happier with both bikes. The both of them are truly fantastic machines and as soon as Rad sends me a replacement LED/LCD panel after the holiday, I will have two perfectly working bikes from RadPower! View attachment 57600View attachment 57600View attachment 57601View attachment 57601

Dude that's just awesome! RadPower ebikes are excellent quality, popular, great support and have a big community. It's one of those companies I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. I like how both bikes are slightly different. The RadWagon will be awesome when carrying a lot of cargo and the RadRunner is the daily run-around. These ebikes will last you for many years to come, no doubt about that!

Do you have a source links for that statement?

Yes the X7 thread here on EBR and the group on Facebook. They're littered with messed up bikes, non-working bikes, broken motors, incorrect replacement connectors and terrible customer service and communication. Some owners are now taking legal action against Eahora. Their website and Amazon listing are full of negative reviews too. The proof is right there and it'll be a matter of time til the company folds. The new June 8 750w motor batch seems most affected. I hope they don't go under because my X3 is still under their warranty

They can go under after I get my replacement parts and sell the bike to someone else. What do you expect from a Chinese company though?

Last edited:
They can go under after I get my replacement parts in sell the bike to someone else. What do you expect from a Chinese company though?

Honestly I like my X3 a lot. How much you thinking about selling it for? I'd want a second one so someone can come ride with me around the neighborhood and to nearby errands.

I only left those positive reviews so that if Eahora were to see them, that hopefully they would follow through with my warranty request without any issues. Trust and believe that once I get these replacement parts that those reviews will be edited.

I won't take any less than $500 for it. I already have someone lined up that wants it, but I would be willing to sell it to you if you're willing to pay that price.
P.S. to zzRider:
Once I fix the X3 and sell it, the only ebikes I will purchase in the future will be from an American company with an American-based customer service. The two guys that started up Lectric Ebikes look to be really cool, great people and the reviews for their bikes and customer service are nearly on par with RadPower. Now that I have the RadRunner and now a RadWagon, my next purchase will be the new step-thru Lectric XP. After that, any future ebike purchases will strictly be used from either Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. There are great deals to be had if you know where to look and are willing to take the plunge on any potential repairs (see the above example in this forum about my lucky $400 2018 RadWagon purchase).

Aliexpress US $236.53 35%OFF |
No warranty, and at that price it's a budget build with fish paper, tape, nickel-coated connections, cheap BMS, cells glued together, and a bad bet. At least UPP has a presence here and a chance of warranty coverage.

No warranty, and at that price it's a budget build with fish paper, tape, nickel-coated connections, cheap BMS, cells glued together, and a bad bet. At least UPP has a presence here and a chance of warranty coverage.

I haven't had any issues with my XP's 14Ah AliExpress batteries and I've been using them since December 2019. I don't expect this time would be any different with an aftermarket battery for my X3 so as long as I'm sticking with quality Samsung 35e cells. Knock on wood.

What does UPP mean?

Last edited:
I haven't had any issues with my XP's 14Ah AliExpress batteries and I've been using them since December 2019. I don't expect this time would be any different with an aftermarket battery for my X3 so as long as I'm sticking with quality Samsung 35e cells. Knock on wood.

What does UPP mean?
Unit Pack Power.
Good to read you're happy. The couple with the fire-damaged house, the guy that lost his garage and kitchen, and the bike that burned up in the backyard all had budget batteries. I'm sharing with you the experience of being on the phone and internets every day assisting customers, selling batteries, repairing my own batteries, and soon shipping batteries from a USA location. We once sold a decent budget pack but lost our butts on the one year warranty. And replaced all troubled batteries or completely refunded.

These are IMPORTANT build issues! "a budget build with fish paper, tape, nickel-coated connections, cheap BMS, cells glued together, and a bad bet."

Bad builds with coated steel connections can have bottlenecks and overheat when pushed hard.

Here's an example. Failed got very hot and a paperweight after 13 months.

A $300 battery every two to three years can end up being more expensive than that $600 battery that will serve for 4-5 years!
79B63AEE-7215-41F5-B83E-64A10815562A.jpeg
12E0FC08-4B5C-4849-9137-6DC5520118F5.jpeg
2EE52919-5F7D-4181-9B9F-1BBC55744D1C.jpeg

Yikes! I've always been scared of a battery fire and the damage it can do.

I may have to disassemble my packs and take a closer look. I'd be willing to spend a little extra for better quality.

Can you recommend a pack and provide a link? I'd be interested in learning more.

Yikes! I've always been scared of a battery fire and the damage it can do.

I may have to disassemble my packs and take a closer look. I'd be willing to spend a little extra for better quality.

Can you recommend a pack and provide a link? I'd be interested in learning more.
Another option is charging in an ammo can with a couple of 2” holes with rubber grommets to protect wires from being damaged. Remove the water tight gasket from the lid but do latch it. I charge with a smoke detector placed just above it. A welders glove close at hand should I need to carry it out. EM3ev and eBikes.ca are quality batteries. Very good builds and better cases than most. EM3ev has a Bluetooth BMS accessible by smart phone apps.

God kill me. I finally received a replacement part from Eahora for my inoperable X3, however it was only a new controller even though I was told there would be an accompanying LCD panel as well. I attached all the chords to the new LCD panel and it's still flashing a E030 error code. I told them in my email conversations that the LCD was most likely at fault and was told that they would replace both the controller and the LCD. I am so over Eahora. I sent out a new email demanding that they send me an accompanying LCD as fast as possible, if overnighting is possible since it is coming from Ontario Canada and not China as I thought. I cannot wait to sell this bike and move on to a better ecosystem such as Rad Power or Lectric Ebikes. Buyer beware, as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

God kill me. I finally received a replacement part from Eahora for my inoperable X3, however it was only a new controller even though I was told there would be an accompanying LCD panel as well. I attached all the chords to the new LCD panel and it's still flashing a E030 error code. I told them in my email conversations that the LCD was most likely at fault and was told that they would replace both the controller and the LCD. I am so over Eahora. I sent out a new email demanding that they send me an accompanying LCD as fast as possible, if overnighting is possible since it is coming from Ontario Canada and not China as I thought. I cannot wait to sell this bike and move on to a better ecosystem such as Rad Power or Lectric Ebikes. Buyer beware, as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.
Welcome to factory direct savings. Anyone can fix a bike!

Another option is charging in an ammo can with a couple of 2” holes with rubber grommets to protect wires from being damaged. Remove the water tight gasket from the lid but do latch it. I charge with a smoke detector placed just above it. A welders glove close at hand should I need to carry it out. EM3ev and eBikes.ca are quality batteries. Very good builds and better cases than most. EM3ev has a Bluetooth BMS accessible by smart phone apps.

I appreciate the information (better safe than sorry). Sounds a bit extreme but I can totally understand the precaution! I'll have to look into those battery resources you provided too.

And a Bluetooth accessible BMS sounds like something I'd love to have!

That sucks one less X3 owner in the community, there's not many of us as it is. Eahora has been letting down a lot of customers, myself included.

June X7+ buyers received defective motors with lemon clutches. Eahora sent out replacement wheel sets but sent the incorrect motor connector. Doh! To fix this they then sent out an additional adapter cable. What a dumpster fire! $1500 nightmare?

I reached out to them recently but they're not responding back to me. The cable going into my LCD looks like it has already begun to corrode and could lead to trouble in the near future. I honestly cannot recommend Eahora to friends or family knowing they'll be dealing with poor customer service. The ebikes are good, but the company sucks at doing business so it tarnishes the experience. I knew this was going to a gamble going in.

That said I am still enjoying my X3 for what it is. I've now logged more than 200 miles which has been quite fun even though I haven't used it for work commuting like I had planned to (my work office is still closed due to CV-19 and I'm still working from home). I'll sometimes ride to Jewel-Osco to pick up a 6 or 12 pack of Trulys and bring the bike inside the store with me since its so small plus I don't feel like locking it up outside. I try not to carry much if any cargo when riding the X3 (I'm overweight so that doesn't help, I need to drop 20-30 lbs).

IMG_20200714_164049~2.jpg

IMG_20200712_182530.jpg

Last edited:
Back