Eahora Electric Bike X5 Quick Take

NowBFIT

Quick take: My 1st EBIKE, Eahora X5, and first bike ride in decades. 500w motor with 48v 10.4 amp.
Pros: Fun with get up and go. I live on a steep hill and the PAS makes going up hill fairly easy. The hood is hilly and maxed speed 32 mph. 25mph on level surface. E-PAS battery recharge coasting over 15 mph.
Cons: Heavy at 64 pounds. Instruction manual lacks details. E-PAS recharges only setting controller to zero. Weak headlight. Should upgrade derailleur.
Future reviews and videos coming. 464544645246453

I really like mine ! I should be doing a review because Im riding it like I ride bikes without assist . I always do stupid stuff and I've dumped it a few times and so far so good

I've been taking the bike out 10 to 20 miles a day. At 20 the battery life is at 3 bars. The first few weeks I was trying to Max out speed. Now I'm trying to Max battery life. Some trails I will pedal at 14 mph in PAS 1 using no charge. Other times I will ramp it up 32 mph in PAS 3 down hill and then switch to PAS 1 and watch the recharge. I'll pedal at 17 mph to keep recharging.

I haven't tried the epas at all because I like going fast down hills top speed of 32 downhill on pavement also liking p2 best

You want to swap in another direct drive motor if you want to use the regen features.

Bafang is mostly geared motors and mid drives, but you may be able to find a direct drive bafang, but you will have to make sure it has the right axle width for an Eahora. Fat tire bikes are usually 175mm in the rear, but some are narrower.

You can definitely find direct drive non-bafang motors in 20" fatbike rims on ebay, but again you need to watch the axle width.

I recently bought a 175mm motor upgrade for my Ecotric fat tire folder, but found out the frame width was only around 165mm.

Anyone who accessed the display menu know what any of it means? I’m trying to figure out what all the settings are.

Back