E-scooter rider BUSTED for operating without licence & insurance

Oh yeah. We've been divinely sparked into making the earth less tenable for all the other "animals" as well as ourselves.
Apparently Suday school wasn't a good enough thing.
We don't need any more human multiplying.

(Apologies for contributing to the drift. Isn't this an e-bike blog?)
Ebikes are green! compared to other forms of transportation- there ,fixed

Ebikes are green! compared to other forms of transportation- there ,fixed

We western humans tend to count food calories burned as a good thing and therefore those calories are somehow exempt from the Greenie carbon tally-up process. Otherwise burning calories means emitting carbon dioxide, and the methane is bonus. The carbon emitted in producing all that food and refrigerate it and transport it and cook it needs to be counted as well. Not to mention the carbon emitted in producing and transporting the bike from China, using coal and other fuels and the vehicle manufacturing to haul that bike to pleasant locations to burn calories in.

We western humans tend to count food calories burned as a good thing and therefore those calories are somehow exempt from the Greenie carbon tally-up process. Otherwise burning calories means emitting carbon dioxide, and the methane is bonus. The carbon emitted in producing all that food and refrigerate it and transport it and cook it needs to be counted as well. Not to mention the carbon emitted in producing and transporting the bike from China, using coal and other fuels and the vehicle manufacturing to haul that bike to pleasant locations to burn calories in.
Ah, you miss the bright side, there are fuel cells that can use methane now, we need to fit Ebikes seats with this type of fuel cell and make them, sort of self-powering.
I am not arguing with you I notice 1-2 bags of garbage leaving my household daily, that is too much!
If you are the one that said"the Earth is overpopulated" you hit it out of the Park, I have known this for years.

Oh yeah. We've been divinely sparked into making the earth less tenable for all the other "animals" as well as ourselves.
Apparently Suday school wasn't a good enough thing.
We don't need any more human multiplying.

(Apologies for contributing to the drift. Isn't this an e-bike blog?)
It's all part of Evolution. The genes are in the driver's seat.

Well, if it looks like a motorcycle, someone´s gonna regard it as such. I make a serious effort to avoid conflict with the law,
but to quote Thomas Jefferson: ¨Not only should one disobey an unjust law, it is one´s duty to do so.¨
Of course the problem with that is the ones who made the law often fail to regard it as unjust.🙄

It's about time. I hate that these elerctric motorcycles are classified like an E-Bike.

Here's a few blurbs from the News Report...

Ali Moussa Ghadban argued in court that his Motorino XMr is a motor-assisted cycle — outfitted with pedals, limited power and a maximum speed of 32 km/h — and under B.C. law doesn't require a driver's licence or insurance to operate. But a judicial justice disagreed, and a B.C. Supreme Court judge recently upheld that decision.

It does not comply with the intent of the legislation, which was for a [motor-assisted cycle] to supplement or assist the human power required to pedal the vehicle," Jenkins wrote in his decision.

The officer testified that he saw a man riding what he believed to be a "small motorcycle" who hopped onto the plaza at King George SkyTrain Station. The officer then noted the motorcycle had pedals, but Ghadban wasn't using them.

FULL STORY: british-columbia/e-bike-rider-loses-court-case-against-ticket-for-operating-without-licence-insurance

electric-scooters.jpg
A little late to be chipping in, but they should amputate his right thumb and then let him go.

Last week I saw one of these guys on his two wheeled vehicle, not pedaling at all. I assume based upon his speed that he was using full throttle and he was being very obnoxious about it, constantly honking his horn and telling everyone to get out of his way. I was actually hoping the guy would wipe out.

Back