E-Lux Newport Video Review

Tara D.

Cruiser Style Electric Bike that has a 500 watt planetary geared hub motor from 8Fun, 48 volt battery with Samsung cells, rear-heavy design and smaller dealer network but they sell online globally. Pretty neat! Because the battery sets further back they were able to get a bit more of an angle on the seat post and a more peddle forward feel, battery on the rack also allows the seat to drop all the way down. Making this bike more compatible for a wider variety of people.

Cruiser Style Electric Bike that has a 500 watt planetary geared hub motor from 8Fun, 48 volt battery with Samsung cells, rear-heavy design and smaller dealer network but they sell online globally. Pretty neat! Because the battery sets further back they were able to get a bit more of an angle on the seat post and a more peddle forward feel, battery on the rack also allows the seat to drop all the way down. Making this bike more compatible for a wider variety of people.

Just got back from another great ride on the Tahoe. I'm weighing in around 300lbs and with a lot of hills and 0 pedal assist I got 23.5 miles! BMS 46.3 and one bar left on the battery indicator. I had the setting at normal. In the eco mode, the bike/I could not go up any steep hills. Also, the throttle is nonexistent in eco on a hill. It just doesn't kick in. I've put a bottle cage on the handlebars, and I like it there because I don't have to bend to get at it. TheTahoea 2015 with the 2016 motor as an upgrade. I'm 73 and this is the most fun I've had riding in many, many years. The bike is extremely comfortable and the upright position is perfect for me.

Just wondering if there are any Newport owners out there willing to give a report on their bike. Thanks !
I bought an E Lux Newport bike from ebikecatalog.com. The customer service was good and the bike was shipped to me in Georgia within a week. I was very impressed with the paint job and the look of the bike. I put the bike together myself and it was somewhat easy. I would however recommend that you have Your own tools handy. Be sure that you have an Allen wrench set and some grease. The front fender was hard to put on and did not come with fender screws on the front fork. I did not put the front fork on because of the tire clearance. I was very impressed with the overall look and the ride of the bicycle. The Newport in my opinion is very comparable to the Pedego Interceptor with a savings of over $1000.00. I had the bike shipped to a business and paid no shipping costs. Overall I am very happy with the bicycle. I would recommend to E Lux that they offer the bike with mag wheels in the future.

Back