E-joe bike JADE

Nat

Hi Court, thank you for opening this space for me :)
My partner recently got a rad power mini step through, it’s so much fun and fast and all we expected. However, it isn’t my type of bike, so I’m deeply looking for one that will be not too pricey but good. I recently came across the new e-joe JADE which on paper it looks like it’s all I need but I have a few concerns about the lack of reviews on the company. I live in San Diego and that makes it a bit better since their here as well. I understand JADE has not been in the market yet, so pretty much impossible to say much about it, but they do have an outstanding discount if i pre order in May. I would not want to miss out on it!!! Could you tell me what your thoughts are on this company, I will wholeheartedly appreciate it!
this is the link to the bike :
For what is worth, I can’t excede $1,500 :)

Hi Nat, There is no telling when the Jade will be available, especially with all that is going on. What if it takes you 6-12 months to actually get one, and you haven't even tried out? I tried out a lot of ebikes (new and used) before I made my decision and it helped me figure out what I liked and didn't like. I ended going a little higher at $2,000, but one bike that I liked that fit in your price range as the Aventon Pace 500 for $1,399 and the dealer told me he could install fenders and a rack for another $100. Fenders are really needed in Oregon, but maybe not so much in San Diego. I did try out an E-Joe Koda 3.0 which I also liked but it was about $1,700 at the time, but they seem to be no longer available. You might want to contact E-Joe directly to see if they have any of the Kodas available at a discount that you could test ride since they are based there in San Diego. Good Luck.

Reactions: Nat
Thank you for your help:)

I do need something that’s good for hills since the area I will be commuting is mostly hills! I am able to Fly with the rad mini on these hills!! Aventon bikes look so beautiful I really like their style, I’m looking into ‘ level ‘ but $600 more :/ I don’t think I can swing that, given the times. Any knowledge on ride 1 up?
I appreciate your time :)

Nice review, I guess the price on the new Jade By e joe is super accesible ( for the month of May ) for what you get it seems worth it, I have reached out to them and they said, if I pre order now I would be getting it by the end of June, which doesn’t seem too long. I’m a little hesitant since I can’t find much on the company, and all I find: complaints on their customer service. It’s scary! This is money I have saved, not money I have to spare. If you know what I mean.

I didn't have any dealers within an hour's drive that carried the Ride 1 up, so I didn't get a chance. Both the Level and Ride 1 up are much heavier than the Aventon, and when I was trying out ebikes, I much preferred lighter. The Aventon Pace 500 checks in at 49 pounds while the Level and Ride 1 Up go about 62 pounds. Two reasons why I found lighter ebikes worked better for me; 1) I have bad knees and trying to figure out which knee is more stable for mounting isn't an issue with a non electric bike, but it sure is with an ebike, but I'm in my 70s and had knee surgery at 19 due to a football injury. 2) I always try out ebikes without the motor on to see how easy it is, some of those heavier bikes just were a struggle. Also I had a friend that was commuting 22 miles each way to work on an ebike and one day he didn't have the charger plugged in correctly and had to bike home the last 15 miles sans power. He was tired when he got home, but it was doable. I would try out as many ebikes as possible. It is a big step and since you are on a limited budget you want to make sure you get one that will work for you.

Yes! Agreed, and sorry to hear about your knees. I myself have one bad knee so I understand. i will have to be patient since everything is closed, but you are completely right, I should try them. I also had to ride the mini for a good 10 miles on the hills, without a battery and it was a nightmare, so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Nice review, I guess the price on the new Jade By e joe is super accesible ( for the month of May ) for what you get it seems worth it, I have reached out to them and they said, if I pre order now I would be getting it by the end of June, which doesn’t seem too long. I’m a little hesitant since I can’t find much on the company, and all I find: complaints on their customer service. It’s scary! This is money I have saved, not money I have to spare. If you know what I mean.

The Koda 3.0 that I tried out was with a dealer in Santa Clara, California when I was visiting one of my brothers. He had different ebike brands including E-Joe and Magnum and Surface 604. He told me he preferred the E-Joe since he had fewer problems with them than the Magnums. He hadn't been carrying the Surface 604s very long to evaluate them. Keep in mind this was a dealer I was talking to who specialized in ebikes, there probably is difference when you are putting together an ebike, as opposed to someone doing it for a living. Someone on a different thread told me that the dealer is probably more important than the ebike.

I had a deal worked out with my wife that I would do a couple of extra events solo for her business to pay for my ebike. Then with covid her events got cancelled. So I had to lower the amount I was going to spend.

Beautiful bike!!! Can’t wait to have my own !!!!! And yeah, with covid, plans have changed, completely. I guess we can’t complain much if we can buy an ebike during this time, though. :). Thank you for your help Mike, I’ll keep you posted

Hi Nat. I live in San Diego too, and I'm thinking of buying my first ebike in early 2021, possibly the e-joe ONYX. I understand that e-joe has been in business for quite some time, but like you, I don't see a lot of reviews for their bikes. I have short legs, so, up to now, I've been looking at step-through bikes, like the JADE, and Ride1Up and Aventon models. But I'm concerned that a step-through might not have the rigidity I'm used to in my old, non-electric, standard frame bike. The ONYX is available in a small size and its standover height is tolerable. Have you run across any recent e-joe reviews, comments about the company, and did you buy a bike?

Hi Nat. I live in San Diego too, and I'm thinking of buying my first ebike in early 2021, possibly the e-joe ONYX. I understand that e-joe has been in business for quite some time, but like you, I don't see a lot of reviews for their bikes. I have short legs, so, up to now, I've been looking at step-through bikes, like the JADE, and Ride1Up and Aventon models. But I'm concerned that a step-through might not have the rigidity I'm used to in my old, non-electric, standard frame bike. The ONYX is available in a small size and its standover height is tolerable. Have you run across any recent e-joe reviews, comments about the company, and did you buy a bike?
Hi TimD! My husband and I recently visited E-joe office in San Marcos. Luckily they had the bikes in stock and we able to test-ride ONYX and JADE which were quite impressive. And fast. I wondered if you ended up purchasing the bike and how your experience was. The bike is a gift for my husband and we're in no rush for buying it. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons.

Hi TimD! My husband and I recently visited E-joe office in San Marcos. Luckily they had the bikes in stock and we able to test-ride ONYX and JADE which were quite impressive. And fast. I wondered if you ended up purchasing the bike and how your experience was. The bike is a gift for my husband and we're in no rush for buying it. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons.
Hi LizS. Good to hear you were impressed with your E-joe test rides. I haven't purchased any e-bike yet. On paper, I like the E-joe Onyx and the Aventon Level (which seems to be sold through dealers as well as direct, and is available in a small frame size). Speed isn't as important to me as getting assistance climbing up the hills in central San Diego. Like you, I'm in no rush. I really need to test ride a few e-bikes before deciding. I'll report back if I go for a test ride or buy an e-bike. Good luck on your search.

I'll be interested to learn what bikes y'all bought.
I'm new here and also seeking to buy an ebike. i'm in Maui which makes my options more limited due to high cost of shipping batteries/bikes. i am also considering building an ebike using conversion kit for the reason the end result will be 10-20lbs lighter than a purpose built ebike and therefore i could more easily put it on a front bus rack and lug it up my flight of stairs every day.

Back