E bikes with fenders

I am getting one of these. It will get a quiet mid-drive with torque sensor cargo motor. It will be all through frame with no connectors, have a HQ custom bottle battery, back swept bar, comfort grips, upgraded pedals, rack, and (drum roll) fenders.
What does this have to do with bicycle fenders?

As a kid I-we always removed the fenders. Jeez you had to look cool after all. Did we mind getting wet and dirty, NO we were kids.
Today for the kind of riding I do the fenders stay on. The little weight they add doesn't amount to a hill of beans especially with an ebike.
No the WEIGHT is not what I suspect caused his bike to fall of the platform rack. The platform rack requires a hook/arm to clamp down upon the top of the tires.....at the front tire the clamp MUST be affixed at/near/directly adjacent to the front fork for a secure hold. If you have a fender you would be clamping atop the fender...and not atop the rubber tire(s) as intended. THIS is what I suspect happened to my friend.....and I expected that it could occur sooner or later. Thule markets that rack specifically "not suitable for bicycles with fenders" .

Your "as a kid we....." story reminded me that I need to remove my "dork disc" asap lol.

I am getting one of these. It will get a quiet mid-drive with torque sensor cargo motor. It will be all through frame with no connectors, have a HQ custom bottle battery, back swept bar, comfort grips, upgraded pedals, rack, and (drum roll) fenders.
What does this have to do about bike fenders?

What does this have to do about bike fenders?
Because it does not come with fenders and I ordered them today. Yes, an electric bike review with fenders and a rack. I am ordering the comfort bar now. Fenders are an important part of the overall commuter setup.

I got caught in the rain while playing pickleball yesterday, about 8 miles from home. 🌧️

My Stromer has full fenders and it made the ride home soooo much better to not get the full body wet racing stripes front and back !
It was, dare I say, actually a nice ride.

Cleaning the bike at home was still not nice though.

Big difference from my Serotta in the rain.
The best part of your post is you were playing pickleball. Likewise, I often ride my bike to the pb courts. Pickle on!

The owners of "not equipped" e-bikes can easily apply a plastic blade temporary fenders. The most known brand is the AssSavers although many brands such as SKS make similar fenders.
View attachment 159902
The rear AssSavers is just tucked inside the saddle rails and fastened to the rails' front

View attachment 159903
A Mudder Dot front AssSavers mudguard. It is tucked between the fork crown and the tyre, and fastened with zip-ties.

While I keep the rear mudguard on my Vado SL (it is structurally joined with the rear rack, and has an integrated tail light), I removed the front fender from that e-bike long time ago (as it was not working good on forest paths: it was picking little twigs to suddenly stop the bike). I have used the Mudder Dot since, and am very happy. Certainly the AssSavers protects your face and torso against rainwater and mud!
Great to hear that the Mudder Dot is recommended!

I picked up their rear Win Wing and it's just fantastic. Rode through miles of puddles and mud in the aftermath of heavy rain and got nothing on my clothing. Only a little bit of spray on my shoes from the front wheel.

The owners of "not equipped" e-bikes can easily apply a plastic blade temporary fenders. The most known brand is the AssSavers although many brands such as SKS make similar fenders.
View attachment 159902
The rear AssSavers is just tucked inside the saddle rails and fastened to the rails' front

View attachment 159903
A Mudder Dot front AssSavers mudguard. It is tucked between the fork crown and the tyre, and fastened with zip-ties.

While I keep the rear mudguard on my Vado SL (it is structurally joined with the rear rack, and has an integrated tail light), I removed the front fender from that e-bike long time ago (as it was not working good on forest paths: it was picking little twigs to suddenly stop the bike) notary near me. I have used the Mudder Dot since, and am very happy. Certainly the AssSavers protects your face and torso against rainwater and mud!
I have a Levo Comp Alloy being delivered soon, and have been looking for a rear fender. I live in the states, and all the ones i've googled seem to be in Europe. I like the SicoMTBproducts fender, but not sure I can obtain one in the states. Any suggestions would be wonderful, especially with links! Thank you!

I have a Levo Comp Alloy being delivered soon, and have been looking for a rear fender. I live in the states, and all the ones i've googled seem to be in Europe. I like the SicoMTBproducts fender, but not sure I can obtain one in the states. Any suggestions would be wonderful, especially with links! Thank you!
I went with Mudhuggers as they’re readily available online up here. Evo bolt on shorty on the front and a FRX on the rear. The FRX isn’t a custom fit like the SicoMtb rear but works decently zipped to the seat stays and extends down to the lower pivot.

IMG_20220511_1359356.jpg

I believe that there is a US distributor for them.

Sico make great products. I’m pretty happy with their metal bash guard.

Flexible plastic cutting board mats can be used to extend fenders permanently with some gorilla tape. Or just use the extra-wide gorilla tape and fold it over so there is no exposed adhesive. That is good for a few inches of flexible fender extension. You can extend an extension with another fold.

On this bike, gorilla tape extends the back of a mud guard that wasn't long enough to reach all the way up. And in front, I cut a strip of cutting board and used a fender bolt near the bottom to extend coverage down to the bottom bracket. More gorilla tape extended the mud guard forward. And for the remainder of the rear, see next pic.

pxl_20210802_023932081-1[1].jpg

Same kind of bike and same solution. A rack uses a strip of flexible cutting board as a deck. It can be bent up so a pannier can be hooked in. The board is secured by a simple bit of flat aluminum bar that I bent (by wedging it into the gap between a steel door and steel door frame) into a kicktail. This mini-deck and the cutting board along with the mud guards forward give me complete coverage as if a fender set was on the bike, without having to worry about rubbing etc. that you get with full fenders. Plus its way cheaper.

20230427_162920.jpg
20230427_162904.jpg
20230427_162854.jpg

I do a variation on this approach with every bike using tape, mud guards and if its there, the rack. A street sign can be had on Ebay. Bend it up partiallyi to form a big kicktail. Line it underneath in red reflective tape and it now is the biggest passive reflector any oncoming vehicle has ever seen.

IMG_20180526_112425.jpg

Back