E-bike that makes the bike commuting life style more convenient.

WilleT

Hi

I'm designing an E-bike for urban commuters and i'm now looking at the differnet steps from point A to point B. So how does your everyday commute look? From where you keep your bike, to your bike ride, to you parking at your destination. Any struggles or worries along the way? Anything that could be improved? any comments are welcome to help my project move forward.

where you keep your bike, to your bike ride, to you parking at your destination. Any struggles or worries along the way? Anything that could be improved?

1) security - covered, well lit storage at both ends of the commute: rack under secure/monitored cover at work, gopro cameras front and rear facing to record any traffic incidents while commuting.
2) insurability - keep battery voltage/controller amp combo under the 750W peak power/20mph speed limit so riders can qualify for liability insurance with Markel/velosurance because most home owners/renters policies exclude liability coverage for ebike riders.
3) visibility - LED front and rear lights soldered to the battery wires. Spoke lights for lateral visibility. Adjustable rear view mirror on handlebar. AirZound horn to remind cars you are there.
4) comfort - ergonomic grips, fenders and chain guard, sprung saddle, suspension on seatpost or fork, pannier/bag/lock, and front chain-ring/rear freewheel tooth count <10 tooth difference (e.g. 38 front/28 rear) to maximize hill climbing ability, puncture resistant tires.
5) affordability - see RiidePass, purchase, insurance, maintenance, all for one monthly payment less than average public transit pass.

Last edited:
Back