E-bike Recommendation (Downhill)

wonderd

Hello everyone, happy I found the forum. I was wondering if I could get some recommendations for an e-bike.

I am 25 yr old 160 lbs 5'8" and 31 leg length both measured with shoes on (The ones I ride with) I am use to lighter weight mountain bikes. Embarrassingly my current bike I've had since I was younger is a Trek 3700 16" Did the job for a while but I always wish I had a full suspension as its not really suitable for rocky downhill which I like to ride.

I am looking for something that is downhill full suspension, hand throttle only. I want something that can easily get me up hills that I would usually have to walk. It would be nice if it can hit 40+mph, but I'm really looking for that uphill power.

I would be comfortable around the 5k range. But if there is a bike out there that is in the lower range and has what I'm looking for feel free to post it! Who doesn't like to save money?

Thanks in advanced guys. Once again so happy I found the forum!

Last edited:
I dont, but thought they could have something with full suspension and high torque to suit your purposes. Price seems to be within range. From Court's video interview I understood they can do much more variety based on individual wishes. Check the video on this site somewhere.

You need an etricks evolution: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). Powerful, fast, full-suspension--- Kinda of in between an ebike and motorcycle.

ENGINE Brushless DC LEROY SOMER/SEV engine
MAXIMUM POWER 2500 W
SPEED 45 km/h
BATTERY PACK Lithium-ion SONY 48V 18Ah – 860 Wh
CHARGING TIME 4h30
RANGE 30 to 40 km; 60 to 80 km with optional additional 900 W battery pack
WEIGHT 37 kg
TRANSMISSION SEV chain transmission – 13-56 (45 km/h) or 14-46 (60 km/h) on request (not registered)
BRAKE SYSTEM Formula RXE hydraulic disc brakes – 180 mm
SUSPENSION Hydraulic telescopic SUNTOUR DUROLUX – travel 160 mm
DASHBOARD Current, average and maximum speed, timer,daily and total distance, power, help mode, battery level
REGISTRATION L1e category moped
WARRANTY 24 months

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I would like like the option to pedal also. I do not want to take away the full mountain bike experience.

From the vid I understood that middrive is the way to go if you want serious climb capability. They seemed to have some sort of new thing called the "warp drive" in the last stages of development. Sounded interesting.

From the vid I understood that middrive is the way to go if you want serious climb capability. They seemed to have some sort of new thing called the "warp drive" in the last stages of development. Sounded interesting.
Warp drives are great but they are dilithium powered which is difficult to find & expensive. Plus in an emergency if you have to jettison the warp core you are SOL. haha :D

did you say ENGINE Brushless DC LEROY engine ?

:)

You need an etricks evolution: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). Powerful, fast, full-suspension--- Kinda of in between an ebike and motorcycle.

ENGINE Brushless DC LEROY SOMER/SEV engine
MAXIMUM POWER 2500 W
SPEED 45 km/h
BATTERY PACK Lithium-ion SONY 48V 18Ah – 860 Wh
CHARGING TIME 4h30
RANGE 30 to 40 km; 60 to 80 km with optional additional 900 W battery pack
WEIGHT 37 kg
TRANSMISSION SEV chain transmission – 13-56 (45 km/h) or 14-46 (60 km/h) on request (not registered)
BRAKE SYSTEM Formula RXE hydraulic disc brakes – 180 mm
SUSPENSION Hydraulic telescopic SUNTOUR DUROLUX – travel 160 mm
DASHBOARD Current, average and maximum speed, timer,daily and total distance, power, help mode, battery level
REGISTRATION L1e category moped
WARRANTY 24 months

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Just get the Stealth Bomber. Pedals, 4.5k watts,
Capture.JPG

4.5k is four thousand and five hundred watts... You can substitute carbon parts to make the bike lighter. There's a video on YouTube somewhere about it being parted out to 75 lbs or something.

Bomber is kick ass but costly --its a motorcycle with pedals. But at $10K++, it way out of the range of 99%

Back