E Bike rack Reccomendation

Imonlyhooman

Are there any racks that can support an ebike that are not hitch style?

I have a BMW coupe and really do not want to install a hitch but most of the specs I have found say they are only rated for ~35lbs for the racks I have seen. I have a juiced CrossCurrent which is about 65lbs.

Anyone recommend one?

I'm in the same hunt. How do you hang an eBike from a Yakima rack? I am going to remove the battery before hanging. Cross Bar adaptor?

I did a pretty exhastive search. My conclusion: to transport an ebike safely and without a lot of inconvenience to you and possible damage to the bike, you need a hitch rack. May need to bite the bullet.

Anyone know if the Fultyme RV 1300 Hitch Mount 2-Bike Rack, 200 lbs. Capacity, can be used on a 2018 Keystone Laredo 5th wheel with a 2 inch receiver hitch mounted to the 4 inch bumper?

You need to go to an RV forum, iRV2 is a good one. Trailer bumpers are not made to support a load. Some may hold the spare tire. Tires do no put the load leverage like a bike rack does.

I have a BMW coupe and really do not want to install a hitch but most of the specs I have found say they are only rated for ~35lbs for the racks I have seen. I have a juiced CrossCurrent which is about 65lbs.

Anyone recommend one?
You could get a roof rack but good luck lifting it up there all the time!

It is not just whether the bike rack can support the weight but how well they work with carbon frame bike or with fat and medium width tires. Also the question of what is actually available to purchase at this time. Most e-bike heavy duty racks have been on back order for many months.

I just ordered the Fultyme hitch in post #4 above from Walmart. It looks pretty good for about $120 with free shipping and it is in stock. I should be getting it next week & I'll post what I think about it.

Another option to consider is a small trailer because it can be easier to load and may actually put less of a load on rear end of your vehicle. You can also use it for other things like bringing your push mower to get serviced etc..

Anyone recommend one?
I use a Yakima HighRoad roof rack - rated for 45 pounds for my 50 pound bike. I have to remove the battery and anything else before I load it up. It feels solid and I have not had any issues. 1up also makes a single rack for bikes up to 75 pounds. It appears to be out of stock at the manufacturer, however.

Love my 1up heavy duty hitch rack. Can carry 2 heavy ebikes no problem. Also went with the Stealth hitch for my SUV.

Back