E Bike Preorders ?

sorry for my ignorance, but what's DTC? 😅

*edit*
Looks like it's a terminology in finance?
Depository Trust Company?
Sorry Timpo ... Direct to Consumer, I edited my post to spell it out. Maybe I should have said on-line or something else.

Wow...the market really is hot right now. I just sold my 5 yr old analog bike I bought for $500 for $300. Listed 10PM and sold this morning.:oops:

I don't have a problem when companies change their name. It happens ALL THE TIME.

For example, Fortnine (Revzilla equivalent of Canada), is a motorcycle store, YouTube channel, etc.
Their name used to be Canada's Motorcycles, but when they changed their name to Fortnine, they widely let the customers know "Formerly Canada's Motorcycle" and when people visited Canada's Motorcycle website, they said "We are now Fortnine, please visit our new website"

I see no such action for Rize bike. (Unless I missed it)
When I visit Rize, it doesn't say "formerly Spark Bike" or when I visit Spark website, it doesn't say "We are now Rize, please visit our new website" or anything like that.

It seems like they just want to abruptly shut down Spark, and create a new brand Rize. It just makes me wonder why.
If Rize REALLY wanted to leave Spark owners hanging (I have a Spark Mini) they probably wouldn't have kept their old Spark Bikes websites active for warranty and other claims. I used it just a week ago as I inquired about replacing my front light (not warranty, but getting a different brand). They responded quickly, and it was actually the same person I dealt with last year.

From a marketing perspective, maybe they could include a link on the old sites, but since I've talked to the same people, I have no reason to question their motives. Usually when there's financial trouble, or some other scheme at work, the new company tries to disguise their history.

Back