E-bike evolution

woodeye

Region
Canada
I am the owner of a Gazelle Ultimate C380 which I received in late March 2022. My previous bike was a Pedego Interceptor that I rode for 8 years and prior to that I had a Schwinn electric bike that I rode for 4 years. The Schwinn was one of the first mass produced e-bikes and was a real bear to ride with very limited range and had the motor hanging off the rear axle. The Pedego was a cruiser style bike ( with throttle ) that served me well but it was heavy and with the fat tires it didn't roll very easy. With the new Gazelle I don't miss the throttle at all as I seldom used it anyway. I am really happy with the way the C380 rides. The carbon belt drive and the Enviolo hub are a dream and daily rides are always looked forward to. Being 68 years old I find the aspect of low maintenance with the Gazelle very satisfying. The Dutch really know how to make a bike enjoyable. Along with flawless engineering and quality components I hope this bike will last into my 80's. With comfort in mind I added my Kinect suspension seat post from my previous bike and changed out the saddle for a Sell Royale Drifter seat. I currently have 1500 km's on the bike and it has been trouble free. Living on mid Vancouver Island in B.C. I have endless choices for interesting rides with a great assortment of trails and bike paths to use.
IMG_1948.JPG

I am the owner of a Gazelle Ultimate C380 which I received in late March 2022. My previous bike was a Pedego Interceptor that I rode for 8 years and prior to that I had a Schwinn electric bike that I rode for 4 years. The Schwinn was one of the first mass produced e-bikes and was a real bear to ride with very limited range and had the motor hanging off the rear axle. The Pedego was a cruiser style bike ( with throttle ) that served me well but it was heavy and with the fat tires it didn't roll very easy. With the new Gazelle I don't miss the throttle at all as I seldom used it anyway. I am really happy with the way the C380 rides. The carbon belt drive and the Enviolo hub are a dream and daily rides are always looked forward to. Being 68 years old I find the aspect of low maintenance with the Gazelle very satisfying. The Dutch really know how to make a bike enjoyable. Along with flawless engineering and quality components I hope this bike will last into my 80's. With comfort in mind I added my Kinect suspension seat post from my previous bike and changed out the saddle for a Sell Royale Drifter seat. I currently have 1500 km's on the bike and it has been trouble free. Living on mid Vancouver Island in B.C. I have endless choices for interesting rides with a great assortment of trails and bike paths to use.View attachment 129583

Welcome to the Forum,

Wow ! What a great looking bike. Check back in often.

John

I was born on the Island, albeit OAK Bay. I trailered our teardrop to Island View Beach. Was able to ride my wife’s Tern all over Victoria’s beautiful trails. Then charge the Tern by 2pm
My daughter lives in Campbell River. They are becoming a cycling Mecca.

Back