E-07 pops up, motor won’t run? Help

Jitss617

I have invested so much money in these bikes.
This one won’t run. E-07 pops up when I power it up.

Any idea?
30EDD193-782C-4763-99AA-BD80A3832592.jpeg

Was it working before?
Typically, this error is an indication that your motor is at a higher voltage than your controller is expecting.
Do you have another battery to swap in?
Have you checked all the contacts you can?
You might also want to search for Bafang error 7 and see what is suggested.

It sounds like you have more than one of the same bike kit. Swap batteries, then try swapping the display.

I have one battery it’s locked in I haven’t been able to remove it, lost the key. I just been charging it.
Do you have a second display? If so, try that.
Displays have been known to be bad fresh out the box.

What motor are we talking about?

I was riding the bike for a month before it went bad with that display, you think it might be the display?
The motor is a bafang I believe 1000 watt motor.

Do you have a second display? If so, try that.
Displays have been known to be bad fresh out the box.

What motor are we talking about?

I was riding the bike for a month before it went bad with that display, you think it might be the display?
The motor is a bafang I believe 1000 watt motor.
Sorry... Impossible for me to know, but it is possible. If you have another it's an easy way to confirm.
I don't remember seeing 07 errors posted here before... Have you done a search for possible causes on here and Google?

Just out of curiosity how can you tell the the controller volts from the picture?

I’ll check the battery voltage soon as I get home.
I can read.
You don’t know if you have a 48v or 52v battery?

See the link for a guide in my other posts.

I can read.
You don’t know if you have a 48v or 52v battery?

See the link for a guide in my other posts.
From a quick Google that display says it's good up to 60v...have you set the system voltage in the display settings?

No I hired a Ebike mechanic. He installed a new motor and display. And controller
Ok... Was it working when he gave it to you?
How long ago was it installed?
Maybe give him a call as he should be familiar with all your hardware.

Ok... Was it working when he gave it to you?
How long ago was it installed?
Maybe give him a call as he should be familiar with all your hardware.
After installing everything, It road well for a few months, then it shut down.

So help me understand, if the controller can only handle 48 volts but the motor is 52 volts, that’s to much power?

Bafang C965 display for a BBSHD, right? The E07 is high voltage protection, means that the battery voltage is too high.
I recall reading that new BBS02B/BBSHD kits were programmed by the factory to only run on 48V. A fully charged 48V battery comes in at 54.6V. A 52V battery goes to 58.6V. What does it say on your charger for the voltage rating?
If you do have a 52V battery, maybe the new display is set for 48V.
The Bafang kits could always handle 52V, but they couldn't handle owners that rode the throttle hard up hills while lugging the motor and overheating the motor. So Bafang tried to lock out the voltage.

Back