Dual Frame battery setup issues (display shuts off)

pavjayt

Region
USA
I recently got a used single battery setup Xtracycle Edgerunner 9E with 400 battery and works great. Since I plan to do long distance biking, I bought two 500 batteries and a frame cable, then spliced into the existing frame mount cable by connecting red to red, black to black and the two bus lines the same way. But now, whenever I turn on the system with both batteries conencted, the display immediately turns off saying "See You" like it would show when you physically turn off the display. The system work normally when I have batteries in only either ONE of the mounts, but not both.

My question is, is there a different software for dual battery setup?

Contacting Xtracycle, they told that the system should work fine with dual battery setup, but obviously not in my case.

Current software versions-
Drive Unit version - 1.8.0.0
Display version - 5.8.1.0

thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions

If the drive unit is <MY2017, it will not work.
Only on drive units MY2017 and later.
And the batteries of course need a software version from 2017 or later.
What are the first 3 digits of your drive unit serial number? This will tell you the date when manufactured.

Here are more details

Display - v5.8.1.0
Drive Unit - v1.8.0.0
DU S/N - 4601700752
DU P/N - 0275007035
Battery1 - v1.8.0.0
Battery2 - v1.10.8.0

DU S/N - 4601700752
December 2014.
<MY2017
No dual battery.
Here is how I do it on one of my bikes:
20230116_171743.jpg
20230116_171753.jpg

@pavjayt if you want a sweet upgrade, I have some new Generation 2 Performance Line CX motors. The latest hardware (MY20) with eMTB, 75Nm, 6V or 12V light, even eShift possible.

Last edited:
thanks, that is very odd, Xtracycle had the option for dual battery on these bikes. Reached out to them for more information.

Meanwhile, is this Gen2 motor compatible with all other electronics on my bike (display sensors, light)? Whatelse needs to be done with respect to programming and likewise to get it working if I buy this?

Back