Driven Bikes - anyone heard of them?

Longj582

Hi Guys,

Apologize if this isn't the proper category for this (and a search of the forum pulled up nothing...)

I've got a semi-upgraded/customized Rad Mini and it's been great living in a condo in the Seattle area. As a late 30-something who is pretty active - the bike has been awesome and plenty of power to get up most steep hills (even with some effort).

We're looking at getting my wife one as well but Rad is back ordered until September (like most ebikes are).

After listening to the Bolton Podcast - I learned of a new company called Driven based on Orange County, CA.

They're backordered too but but they've got a model they sell called the "Dockside" which may show up in mid-late July.

Here's what I know - it's a:
  • 20 inch Fat Tire ebike w/Kenda's
  • Has a 500W Bafang motor
  • Aluminum Frame (not sure about this - it's lighter but perhaps less durable? Does this really matter since it's a folding ebike for my wife where we'll do light trail riding and cruising around town - vs beating the heck out of it?). Plus is it's 13 ish lbs lighter than the rad.
  • 20 amp controller
  • 58V AH batter, 14.5 Amp Battery w/Samsung cells
  • KT Display
  • Overall the bike seems to be a hotter/more powerful bike than the Rad
  • No front fork
After getting burned with my Emoto (they went out of business and I couldn't get parts anymore for my first ebike) I never thought I'd buy a bike other than a Rad, Bolton or Juiced (so I can get parts/support etc.) BUT Ben the owner of Driven seems super supportive, informed AND the parts seem very common (meaning I'll likely be able to get replacements from Bafang/Bolton etc.

Here's the link: https://www.drivenbikes.com/product-page/driven-dockside-folding-fat-tire

Does anyone have a bike by Driven (folding or another model?)

Are y'all happy with them?

Thanks!

Meh, looks like another overpriced drop-shipper fly-by-night . I wouldn't touch them. And what's the deal with Bolton? Seems another one-man shop reselling Chinese bikes - just buy direct and skip the markup.

A US-based middleman btw Chinese bike and US consumers usually means that you'll have some support. Directly from China support is non-existing, at best you'll get an exchange or refund for DOD parts.
Not that I'm a big fan of the former business model.

Meh, looks like another overpriced drop-shipper fly-by-night . I wouldn't touch them. And what's the deal with Bolton? Seems another one-man shop reselling Chinese bikes - just buy direct and skip the markup.
How do you find out who makes the bikes for Driven?

Back