DOST IS NOW IN RECEIVERSHIP

I doubt there is any Lithium Ion battery pack out there for any remotely popular e-bike without low-voltage-cut-off. the in battery cut off may be lower that what is needed to power the bike, but it would be high enough to protect the cells.
I won't argue the point. As I said, the problem is unusual, just something to be aware of.

Some overseas battery manufacturers do everything they can to keep costs down. Unfortunately, the quality of the BMS in some of these products is suspect.

Grin Technologies ran afoul of this back in 2014 with their LiGo battery line. The product was discontinued briefly due to the inferior BMS installed by their overseas supplier. The product has been redesigned and is now back on the market. Read the story here:

Two of the earlier LiGo packs I bought, died from over discharge. Grin is a reputable company and they provided a refund. I can't say enough about Grin Tech, but that's another post.

There is a reason some batteries cost $300 and others well over $1000 for the same spec. It isn't likely you will run into a LVC issue with the quality batteries provided by major manufacturers. All I'm saying is, if you buy cheap knockoffs, beware.

I won't argue the point. As I said, the problem is unusual, just something to be aware of.

Some overseas battery manufacturers do everything they can to keep costs down. Unfortunately, the quality of the BMS in some of these products is suspect.

Grin Technologies ran afoul of this back in 2014 with their LiGo battery line. The product was discontinued briefly due to the inferior BMS installed by their overseas supplier. The product has been redesigned and is now back on the market. Read the story here:

Two of the earlier LiGo packs I bought, died from over discharge. Grin is a reputable company and they provided a refund. I can't say enough about Grin Tech, but that's another post.

There is a reason some batteries cost $300 and others well over $1000 for the same spec. It isn't likely you will run into a LVC issue with the quality batteries provided by major manufacturers. All I'm saying is, if you buy cheap knockoffs, beware.
"if you buy cheap knockoffs, beware" seems like a good plan.

hmmmm.... Do you think my Raulex watch possibly dangerous?
Don't know. I haven't worn a watch since my first "smartphone " which is definitely not dangerous, in spite of all those airplane fires a while back caused by premium Samsung cells. Those were all fake news, I read..

Alright, I’m as upset as anyone. My issue? I have the bike but the battery never produced 50% of the range advertised by Dost. Convinced Dost it was defective and they put a replacement on back order. It never arrived despite hounding them for 13 months. Should have joined EBR Forums after 3 months. I did keep pinging Dost every other month then I lost my passion. Now Dost is bankrupt. What was I thinking?

Meanwhile the installed battery tanked. I get under 5 miles of range out of it now. So, where can a replacement battery be found that will fit onto the OEM frame w/ compatible connectors for the controller and the motor? M@robertson, Do I own a $3K, 70lb paperweight now?
Blue - I bought a Dost in May 23 for my wife. She rode the bike 3 times and it was stolen off my rack but they didn't get the battery or charger. Let me know if you are interested in a little used battery. Charged two times.

Don't know. I haven't worn a watch since my first "smartphone " which is definitely not dangerous, in spite of all those airplane fires a while back caused by premium Samsung cells. Those were all fake news, I read..
lot of hate,about the recharge world.

Not all fake news but probably exaggerated.

Its finally all over for DOST - here is the notice of appointment of a receiver: https://mnpdebt.ca/en/corporate/corporate-engagements/dost-bikes.
The chances of getting our money or bikes now seems slim. Unbelievably they are still collecting money for new bike orders.
I bought a Dost Drop CVT may 23/23 with accessories that came to$8000 ish. They sent a video about port strikes affecting supply chain issues etc and then in the fall left a voicemail etc.
I still dont have my bike or accessories nor my money back. I think I’ve gotten seriously burned!🤬

I bought a Dost Drop CVT may 23/23 with accessories that came to$8000 ish. They sent a video about port strikes affecting supply chain issues etc and then in the fall left a voicemail etc.
I still dont have my bike or accessories nor my money back. I think I’ve gotten seriously burned!🤬
If you haven't opened a claim with your credit card... Do so immediately.

Blue - I bought a Dost in May 23 for my wife. She rode the bike 3 times and it was stolen off my rack but they didn't get the battery or charger. Let me know if you are interested in a little used battery. Charged two times.
Hello,
I'm interested in buying your battery and charger. Still have it?

Back