DOST IS NOW IN RECEIVERSHIP

Since you live in Canada just go to biktrix.ca, click on Accessories, and then scroll down to Rhino batteries.

Oh I exercise.. but I do it comfortably and at a gentleman's pace 🤴
Somehow it difficult for me to say gentleman and @Gionnirocket in the same paragraph ;)...
But it does suck about Dost, and it is a warning about the over supply of companies in the ebike space.
I wonder how many car companies there once were ...

TMI (too much information) approaching ... back to Dost. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with their bikes, just their financing.
Just like Sonors, also recently for sale under bankruptcy. And Harley sold off Serial One to a company that buys bankrupt firms. Not my kind of bike, but some people on here really liked them.
We get enthusiastic about the technology, not the company.

TMI (too much information) approaching ... back to Dost. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with their bikes, just their financing.
Just like Sonors, also recently for sale under bankruptcy. And Harley sold off Serial One to a company that buys bankrupt firms. Not my kind of bike, but some people on here really liked them.
We get enthusiastic about the technology, not the company.
What?
We were in business together. She would strip a customer's wood floor and I'd follow and apply a new finish.

Question... I also purchased a Dost Bike. I purchased mine from my LBS. It's nice to know you can get a replacement battery from Biktrix - So thanks for the info @RobMontanez - Now for the question - The extra battery that Dost was selling for an add-on, was a 48V 11Ah - I didn't see that specific option available on the Biktrix site? That being said, Can I use any 48V battery (piggyback) as long as I use the proper connectors? Or does it have to be the 11Ah version battery?... Also, I am not sure what connector Dost uses for the extra battery but I am sure I can find out. Thanks.

Question... I also purchased a Dost Bike. I purchased mine from my LBS. It's nice to know you can get a replacement battery from Biktrix - So thanks for the info @RobMontanez - Now for the question - The extra battery that Dost was selling for an add-on, was a 48V 11Ah - I didn't see that specific option available on the Biktrix site? That being said, Can I use any 48V battery (piggyback) as long as I use the proper connectors? Or does it have to be the 11Ah version battery?... Also, I am not sure what connector Dost uses for the extra battery but I am sure I can find out. Thanks.
The Voltage, AH and connector are certainly important, but you also need to consider the low voltage cutoff. On most bikes, the LVC is part of the internal battery BMS. On a few others, the LVC is in the bike's controller. If you use a battery without a built in LVC in a bike without one in the controller, it is possible to over discharge and damage the battery.

This isn't a common problem and I don't know about Dost, but it is something to consider when using a battery not specifically designed for the bike.

The Voltage, AH and connector are certainly important, but you also need to consider the low voltage cutoff. On most bikes, the LVC is part of the internal battery BMS. On a few others, the LVC is in the bike's controller. If you use a battery without a built in LVC in a bike without one in the controller, it is possible to over discharge and damage the battery.

This isn't a common problem and I don't know about Dost, but it is something to consider when using a battery not specifically designed for the bike.
I would never have considered that.... So thank you for the information. Just when you start to think you are getting these e-bikes figured out, something throws you a curve ball...

I would never have considered that.... So thank you for the information. Just when you start to think you are getting these e-bikes figured out, something throws you a curve ball...
Makes me wish for an integrated motor/battery/controller system ...until I remember that anysuch would always be a proprietary/locked system, and how those usually work out.

Very few riders I know discharge a battery until the LVC cuts out. Most observe the 80/20 rule and don't discharge much below 20%. If you play by the rule, the LVC thing isn't that big a deal.

I doubt there is any Lithium Ion battery pack out there for any remotely popular e-bike without low-voltage-cut-off. the in battery cut off may be lower that what is needed to power the bike, but it would be high enough to protect the cells.

Alright, I’m as upset as anyone. My issue? I have the bike but the battery never produced 50% of the range advertised by Dost. Convinced Dost it was defective and they put a replacement on back order. It never arrived despite hounding them for 13 months. Should have joined EBR Forums after 3 months. I did keep pinging Dost every other month then I lost my passion. Now Dost is bankrupt. What was I thinking?

Meanwhile the installed battery tanked. I get under 5 miles of range out of it now. So, where can a replacement battery be found that will fit onto the OEM frame w/ compatible connectors for the controller and the motor? M@robertson, Do I own a $3K, 70lb paperweight now?
get it rebuilt,some folks on here can get you the info

I had new dost something or the other,it was actually such a nice bike i sold it for a quarter on the dollar. one thing to consider there are"wal-marts" of the ebike world now,especially on the low end, ancheer,ecotric,lectric,to name a few and some of these are pretty good considering the price point,most use off the shelf components and can be easily upgraded.I could have bought a really nice topend bike by now with all the money i have been pissing away oth, it would not have been near the education and fun

I doubt there is any Lithium Ion battery pack out there for any remotely popular e-bike without low-voltage-cut-off. the in battery cut off may be lower that what is needed to power the bike, but it would be high enough to protect the battery
most aftermarket controllers list cutoff voltage

Back