Dōst CVT Models - Enviolo Hub & Gates Carbon Belt

RobMontanez

Region
USA
Anyone here still waiting on these bikes? They were announced a year ago (09/29/2021) and reportedly because of supply chain and shipping issues they have not been delivered to customers. What other CVT alternatives are there? Are other suppliers that offer CVT models such as Riese & Mūller, Gazelle, Tern, Serial 1, Priority, Specialized, Evelo, etc. having these same issues with supply chain and delayed deliveries?

Anyone here still waiting on these bikes? They were announced a year ago (09/29/2021) and reportedly because of supply chain and shipping issues they have not been delivered to customers. What other CVT alternatives are there? Are other suppliers that offer CVT models such as Riese & Mūller, Gazelle, Tern, Serial 1, Priority, Specialized, Evelo, etc. having these same issues with supply chain and delayed deliveries?
Yes I have been waiting on this bike for a long time now, they say it will be here in the spring!

They still have not received the 2022 models. Evelo has manufacturing in Tawain to build theirs and seems to be able to get parts. Wife bought an Evelo Galaxy 500 automatic with carbon chain and hydraulic brakes. Very solid unit and climbs hills with no problem. I have been waiting for the DOST to come in since June and they keep pushing out deliveries. Not sure I want to invest in bike with them when they cannot get deliveries down. Today they said they will be announcing some new models soon. But I hold my breath. Probably going with an Evelo Omega. I love my wifes automatic and the bike quality is outstanding. Support out of this world.

Table 2 of a blog post I wrote this past spring lists some CVT bikes available in the US. One addition to that list I learned about more recently are Vvolt bikes, the Proxima model is currently in stock and on sale. Serial 1 Rush/CTY bikes with CVT are becoming available on the used market through sellers including theproscloset.

Last edited:
Just noticed all Dost e-bikes are using 500W Mid-Drive instead of the 750W with torque still at 120nM. For this heavy bike that doesn’t seem to be enough. Not sure how they still get 120nM out of 500W motor. They say new products coming out in 6-12 months. I think I will look elsewhere. Dost seems to build quality bikes but they do not appear to be able to deliver.
Not true, the BBS02 Bafang motor used in their e-bikes is 750W. They have finally begun delivering their CVT models after almost a year. They have their chain models in stock as well.

Dostbikes.com shows all 4 style motors as 500W mid-drive. I will email them. Maybe that is a mistake. Also the pricing is now in Canadian dollars.

Motor​

500W Bafang G340 (BBS02), mid drive motor, 120 nM of torque
You are looking at the Canadian website, go to the U.S. website.

For Canada, the e-bike ships configured to 500 watts for 20 mph out of the box, but can be configured back to 750 watts and 28 mph using the display controller. They use the same 750 watt motor.
2022-09-30_13-05-02.jpg

Back