Domane+ HP v Creo SL

After I test rode a couple of Creos my main impression was that it was a very nice bike, but it needed a bit more power in turbo mode.

After I test rode a couple of Creos my main impression was that it was a very nice bike, but it needed a bit more power in turbo mode.
Yes it does Need more power plus battery life is terrible ... mixed use min use of turbo in my area of SoCal ... 33 miles and it was done ... it went back to the LBS. I have the Domane hp now... fantastic bike. Power when you need it and don’t. Comfortable ride for me.

Yes it does Need more power plus battery life is terrible ... mixed use min use of turbo in my area of SoCal ... 33 miles and it was done ... it went back to the LBS. I have the Domane hp now... fantastic bike. Power when you need it and don’t. Comfortable ride for me.

33 miles all in turbo doesn't sound bad at all. I guess you just needed a more powerful bike.

33 miles all in turbo doesn't sound bad at all. I guess you just needed a more powerful bike.
Hi there, I really wanted a bike with more range. Before I purchased I was told of course it could get to up to 80 miles, which of course I thought was way too generous given the region I live in. No worries as I am realistic, however was hoping for 40-50 or so. 33 and done is just too short of a range. Sure I could by the additional battery to increase, but its another 500 dollars plus the bracket and the adaptor. So now we’re in the same region or more than the Domaine in price and wt, plus the Domanie comes with lighting package and nice bike computer. Additionally the I purchased the bike with intentions to commute with about 14 miles to work, the ability to have some extra assist will definitely improve arrival times and I can do a little longer ride home - different route

Hi there, I really wanted a bike with more range. Before I purchased I was told of course it could get to up to 80 miles, which of course I thought was way too generous given the region I live in. No worries as I am realistic, however was hoping for 40-50 or so. 33 and done is just too short of a range. Sure I could by the additional battery to increase, but its another 500 dollars plus the bracket and the adaptor. So now we’re in the same region or more than the Domaine in price and wt, plus the Domanie comes with lighting package and nice bike computer. Additionally the I purchased the bike with intentions to commute with about 14 miles to work, the ability to have some extra assist will definitely improve arrival times and I can do a little longer ride home - different route

I think the website quoted 80 miles but that's in eco mode. Turbo will burn up the battery fast-as should be expected. The 2 bikes are quite different imho. It's like 4 cylinder turbo vs. V8. The HP is bigger in everyway... Both bikes are so nice.

@Lefkop - can you provide some more details on how you typically use your Domane HP?
I am typically riding early am and doing 30-40 miles at time, its a very fun bike to ride.
I think the website quoted 80 miles but that's in eco mode. Turbo will burn up the battery fast-as should be expected. The 2 bikes are quite different imho. It's like 4 cylinder turbo vs. V8. The HP is bigger in everyway... Both bikes are so nice.
Yes totally agree, they are different bikes for sure and wonderful at what they do. The Creo without any extras is great because of its weight, it is light. They both share essentially the same wheelbase at 101 cm in the medium frame. I think the Creo when outfitted with battery to match that of HP, is getting close to HP in weight. Each one has features and benefits for sure

I am typically riding early am and doing 30-40 miles at time, its a very fun bike to ride.

Yes totally agree, they are different bikes for sure and wonderful at what they do. The Creo without any extras is great because of its weight, it is light. They both share essentially the same wheelbase at 101 cm in the medium frame. I think the Creo when outfitted with battery to match that of HP, is getting close to HP in weight. Each one has features and benefits for sure

We're in exciting times. I hope Canyon brings the Grail: On bike to the US. I really like that bike-even if it's limited to 20mph. Time to move the car out of the garage and make room for more bikes. I just sold 2 but still have 5.😄

Even better then the +HP is The BMC AMP ROAD ONE.
7grand DI2 Ultegra, Shimano E8000.
Domane +HP is 9.9999$ with DI2.

Wrong ! It can actually do 35mph+, and is a lot more reliable than Bosch.
Sorry I respectfully disagree! If you are referring to the new EP8 motor (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review-shimano-steps-ep8-2021.html) then I will not comment since the motor is new and I am not stuck on Bosch -
! But if the reference is to the e8000 then my comment stands "Now the Bosch Performance Line CX is a year old, Bosch obviously feel confident enough in its reliability to unlock an extra 10Nm of power from the unit. From our experience it’s also been reliable if maintained and looked after properly. Shimano’s E8000 has also proved mostly reliable, although it does depend to a degree on the specifics of the electrics. Some bikes may be more prone to water ingress than others, and this can cause issues. " https://www.mbr.co.uk/buyers_guide/brose-bosch-shimano-ebike-system-388838
Also most ebike motors can go faster then when they are restricted! According to ebiketuning the e8000 can get up to 50km or 31 mph detuned - https://www.ebiketuning.com/compari...s the practical Sx2,h with full motor support. But I am not interested in going faster by motor, I use it as a tool to help me get to a point where I want to do the rest of the work. If I get to 35 mph then I want to know I am there because I pushed that extra 7 miles and not the bike! I have a BMW scooter that can get me to a 120mph if I just wanted speed on a two wheeler!

Even better then the +HP is The BMC AMP ROAD ONE.
7grand DI2 Ultegra, Shimano E8000.
Domane +HP is 9.9999$ with DI2.
May be a good value bike but not digging how it looks. The battery looks slapped on and the color is so basic black and white.

Back