Domane+ HP Chain line

Stiksandstones

Any Domane+ owners, 2020? with the GRX?
Just got mine, and it seems like chain line isn't optimal, riding in the largest rear cog, it seems like chain wants to jump off the front chain ring-could be a setup issue on my end, but, I do like to think I am a pretty decent mechanic. Love this bike though!

I'm looking at a Domane+ (2019 version before the HP and LT options were available). Very interested in your thoughts. Sounds like you are really enjoying it.

How do you like the current display? An advantage of the HP is the Kiox display from Bosch but it sounds like in the fall Bosch is going to make it available as a retrofit. Given the current discount on the Domane+ ($5,300) it might be cheaper to go that route.

I'm looking at a Domane+ (2019 version before the HP and LT options were available). Very interested in your thoughts. Sounds like you are really enjoying it.

How do you like the current display? An advantage of the HP is the Kiox display from Bosch but it sounds like in the fall Bosch is going to make it available as a retrofit. Given the current discount on the Domane+ ($5,300) it might be cheaper to go that route.
I would get the HP over the Domane+! The HP has the newest generation Bosch engine plus more newtons and better efficiency! You are getting a smaller front ring, lesser light system and lesser components plus a older Bosch motor! Why cheat yourself unless they are selling it for thousands less?

Make sure the chain is positioned per the little inscription on the inside of the chain ring. It's not obvious, but it should help.

I had a similar experience with my verve +2 and the solution was to have Trek replace (under warranty) the front chain ring to what they termed a Narrow Width (NW) chain ring. You can check back a few months to the thread titled 'Verve +2 Chain is constantly slipping' discussion for more info.

Not sure if this issue is unique to the verve models but may be worth looking into if you're still having problems.

Best of luck,
Howard

The Domane+ ships with a narrow-wide ring. But you need to make sure it's indexed on there correctly. There is a small white graphic that shows how the chain should be set on it w/respect to the wide/narrow links.

The Domane+ ships with a narrow-wide ring. But you need to make sure it's indexed on there correctly. There is a small white graphic that shows how the chain should be set on it w/respect to the wide/narrow links.
The white graphic is on the back side of the ring, so it is very easy to not see, but very clear once you know to look for it.

Back