Does theRacktime KLICKfix -adapter fit the luggagerac on ST2`s ?

elbikefun

Does this KlickFix rackadapter fit the ST2?s ?

KlickFix_Citymax_Main2[1470x849].jpg

There is no luggage rack on the ST2-S.
I added a seatpost clamp and Topeak MTX EXP saddle bag.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Thats a cool picture with Mount Rushmore in the background :)

What do you mean by "There is no luggage rack on the ST2-S."?

This is my bike. Its the ST2-S.
I was under the impression that the racks on the ST2 and the ST2-S were similar. But this is not hte case then :-(
View attachment 8181

You will be fine.
Here in the US, the ST2-S don't come with that rack. I think it's a silly mistake on Stromer's part.
Even though "S" stands for sport, having a sturdy rack on an "Urban mobility" machine can be very useful.

To elbikefun.
Is this photo taken in Norway? The background landscape and buildings looks a lot like Norway. :)

You will be fine.
Here in the US, the ST2-S don't come with that rack. I think it's a silly mistake on Stromer's part.
Even though "S" stands for sport, having a sturdy rack on an "Urban mobility" machine can be very useful.

So you think the klickflix fits ?

I cant see either that the minimalistic carrier on the ST2/ ST2S degrades its sporty appearance.

To elbikefun.
Is this photo taken in Norway? The background landscape and buildings looks a lot like Norway. :)

Yes. The river is "Glomma"; the longest river in Norway, being aprox 604 km/ 375 miles long. The location is Fetsund, a community aprox 25 kilometers from Oslo/ capitol. Good call Roger ;-)

I wrongly assumed that the ST@-s came with the usual rack time rack( thanks Ravi...). The adapter is exactly what is needed for the ST-2 or ST-1 "narrow" rack. The feet at the bottom rotate so that it will also fit the wider version of the rack time rack. For $9500 big ones, I would sure want the dealer to get a rack on the machine...I am not sure if the fenders are he same on the ST2-s, but if they are and you already have the adapter, I would be tempted to see if the dealer could retrofit the narrow rack time rack as is in the other Stromer models or kits. I searched long and far for the adapter and it works like a charm with my Rixen-Kaul rear rack bag...easy on...easy off.

I think it's a silly mistake on Stromer's part.

I agree, should be in the "optional add-ons"-list.

I'm little bit confused, as I expect, ST2 and ST2 s have absolute identical frames. Therefore, the rack for the ST2 should fit on a ST2 s.

Check here: Racktime of the Stromer ST2

So you think the klickflix fits ?

I don't think that Klickflix adapter will fit because it does not have the rotating/adjustable pins that mate with the rack. There are two widths for Racktime racks. The Stromer uses the narrow width, and that adapter is for the wider width rack.

Many of those adapters have a mechanism where the pins can rotate between the wider and narrow positions to correctly mate with both types of racks.

I know all of this because I bought a Racktime Double XL pannier bag and it had that exact same adapter and it would not fit the Stromer rack. I had to have it replaced with this one or this one.

I agree, should be in the "optional add-ons"-list.

I'm little bit confused, as I expect, ST2 and ST2 s have absolute identical frames. Therefore, the rack for the ST2 should fit on a ST2 s.

Check here: Racktime of the Stromer ST2

There are two problems here it seems, one can the rack-time rack standard on the ST-2, be retro-fitted to the ST2-S (which is sold without a rear rack as standard). I am conjecturing that it can be?? Two, if so, then it will be the "narrow" version of the rack and you will definitely need the "adapter" with the moveable feet (fits both narrow and wider rack-time racks). The second"this" above is most likely the only choice you might have in this regard as the adapter seems virtually impossible to obtain in the USA. It might prove interesting to query other ST2-S owners as to what they may have done, or be doing, in terms of "racks"?

I went "easy street";by ordering Racktime bags. The Racktime "Mia" looks good in pictures, holds sufficient volums and fit the stock rack on my ST2s.

I went "easy street";by ordering Racktime bags. The Racktime "Mia" looks good in pictures, holds sufficient volums and fit the stock rack on my ST2s.

curious, since it appears that the ST2-s comes sans rear rack; did you retro-fit the ST-2 rack or install some other rack?

curious, since it appears that the ST2-s comes sans rear rack; did you retro-fit the ST-2 rack or install some other rack?

I have the original Stromer-rack; made by Racktime.A euro 80 upgrade from the Stromerdealer I have not received the Racktime-bags yet; but my Stromer-dealer says they fit the bike perfectly.

Last edited:
Back