Does rain/moisture affect the torque sensor?

Commuter

I've now ridden the CCX in everything from heavy fog, light rain, through to heavy rain. I've noticed something, seemingly only when wet. Once every 20 seconds or so, there seems to be some hesitation or momentary backoff on the power while pedalling normally.

Has anyone else experienced this on any of the bikes with torque sensor?

I haven't notice any unusual behavior due to this part & I right through all four seasons in all weather. Power cutoffs I have only noticed when the battery connections momentarily break from vibration. I would check smallest cog on cassette is clean, spacing to sensor is alright, & then check connections for signs of water intrusion.

Not on my St2 2015 having riden in couple downpoars. Ofcourse thorough maintenance
after . Must be quite a challenge keeping a bike in top condition in England.

I've had no issues with any of my eBikes including my CCS. I don't do much maintenance but I do use dielectric grease when putting together any electrical connections, I learned the value of that from my motorcycling days.

Ok, so maybe it's not the rain. I'm having odd issues now even without. Sometimes the bike will accelerate even after I've stopped pedalling. Other times it cuts out momentarily. The first time I noticed anything the bike was in race mode a week or so back and wouldn't go past 20mph until I changed the assist down to 3 and back. Maybe there's a bug in the new firmware?

Ok, so maybe it's not the rain. I'm having odd issues now even without. Sometimes the bike will accelerate even after I've stopped pedalling. Other times it cuts out momentarily. The first time I noticed anything the bike was in race mode a week or so back and wouldn't go past 20mph until I changed the assist down to 3 and back. Maybe there's a bug in the new firmware?
The motor will continue to run for a bit after you stop pedaling. I've gotten used to that. The rest of what you mention does sound like a problem with the controller. Have you opened a ticket with Juiced?

The motor will continue to run for a bit after you stop pedaling. I've gotten used to that. The rest of what you mention does sound like a problem with the controller. Have you opened a ticket with Juiced?
I haven't opened a ticket yet, as I'm trying to gather more data so it's easier to diagnose when I do open the ticket. It is very similar to the controller issue I experienced with the original CC, with the difference being that the other one never worked right after it started to show the symptoms.

Power shouldn’t cut out if you are pedaling continuously. Sometimes if you stop pedaling for a fraction of a second, and start up again suddenly, I believe you can beat the torque sensors zero’ing algorithm. Sometimes that happens to me and it feels like I’ve lost assist. I have to pedal backwards to get the torque sensor to zero out properly before the assist starts working normally again. And yes, as others have mentioned, it is normal for the assist not to cut out right when you stop pedaling. It’s more pronounced in the higher assist levels. They do this to make the assist have a smoother feel.

Commuter- I have had similar issues you are having with the torque sensor on a different E-bike. The sensor is located next to the smallest cog mounted on the inside of the chainstay. The issue was simply corrected by applying an electronics cleaner (made for plastics). Apparently when the sensor would get dirty, the controller would get false signals causing these symptoms. A good cleaning rectified the problem. It is always worth a try IMO.

Like Bob, I'm going to suggest a thorough cleaning of the sensor area. I've cleaned my CCS way more than I ever cleaned my analog bike due to the electronics, and the higher speeds it operates at. I don't remember my old bike getting this dirty, but that's probably because I didn't care enough to notice.

On the rain/moisture front, I've ridden though rain dense enough that I'd could have sworn that I'd never be dry again, no issues from the bike. Plenty of issues from my shoes though.

Back