Does Epik SE seat go high enough for tall people?

Nirmala

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and am considering buying an Epic SE. My main concern is whether the seat post extends high enough to give a proper pedaling motion. I am 6'0" tall and have a 32 inch inseam. I prefer to have my seat high enough that my knee is just very slightly bent when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke.

Can anyone comment on how high the seat will go on the Epic SE, and whether it should be tall enough for me?

Thanks!

Hi Sorry for the late response.

I am roughly 5'10'' and I have no issue. I think that it will be fine for you, the seatpost will probably be on the borderline OK.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and am considering buying an Epic SE. My main concern is whether the seat post extends high enough to give a proper pedaling motion. I am 6'0" tall and have a 32 inch inseam. I prefer to have my seat high enough that my knee is just very slightly bent when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke.

Can anyone comment on how high the seat will go on the Epic SE, and whether it should be tall enough for me?

Thanks!

Hi,

Larry here,

I just bought an Epik Se ... I've been around a lot of bikes, and have never seen one with MORE height adjustment for the stem and seatpost than this one! I'm not tall, being 5'7", But the seatpost will raise another 18" above my ideal setting. I prefer to set the height similar to what you describe, but do it an oldschool way ... I raise it til I can no longer pedal backwards with my heels on the pedals. I figured a 7'5" rider could still get the seat high enough, though of course the bar reach would be too close.

I cut 6" off the stem length and 10" off the seatpost, and still feel a 6 footer could adjust it to their liking, but the plus is I removed 3/4 pound from the oal weight. I DID feel the stem height was still too high at the lowest setting, so I modded mine and removed approx. 3" of height to make it feel more like a normal bike ... lots stiffer feeling now.

Great bike!

For a "small" folding bike, I was amazed how big the Epik SE is after I got it unboxed. I'm 6' with 32" inseam (same as OP) and I have the seat adjusted a good 5-6" below it's highest safe level. I also have the handlebars adjusted several inches below the highest setting. Honestly, I don't feel cramp at all on this bike. It is a really fun bike to ride. Big enough for tall people, but still compact and very maneuverable because of the 20" wheels.

Back