Does anyone recognize who makes this ebike,rebranded?

TECTOPCAT

Region
USA
Does anyone recognize who makes the ebike in the attached photos. Its at a bike shop up at S Lake Tahoe and they rent and sell them.
They are made for them and they rebrand them and sell them under their store name,Pine Nut. I rented one on vacation and like it, its just 44lbs and handles well and maybe because of lighter weight I was able to pedal for quite a while without pedal assist. While the shop sells them (I think they said about $1399) I do not think they are set up for shipping, there is definitely no free shipping (that I asked) and I live no where near them so the shipping cost could be a deal breaker,even if they can do it. They said the bike is "44 lbs,350 watt motor,11.4 ah battery,7 gears,35-40 miles pedal assist on a single charge" my best guess is its Aventon rebranded, maybe the Pace 350 Step Through? idk Any guesses who makes it? Any similar bikes around that weight? I've rented a lot and the lighter bikes definitely are better for pedaling when the battery goes dead at least for me. A second question would be are there other ebike mfgs that allow others to brand their product and how do you think this would work for support or if you need an extra battery? Also, I've heard that some bike shops will not work on an ebike unless they sold the bike to you? Is that true?

Attachments

• pine nut ebike 1.JPG
    pine nut ebike 1.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 208
  • pine nut ebike1b.JPG
    pine nut ebike1b.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 207
  • pine nut ebike 1c.JPG
    pine nut ebike 1c.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 211
Their website mentions nothing about local pickup-only. Have you tried asking them if they ship and the cost? Shipping new ebikes is no big deal. I paid somewhere around 200 bucks for Crazy Lenny's to ship my e-fatbike to NJ, over a thousand miles away.

No idea who makes it, but somebody here might, if they read your post. To my eyes, it's a pleasing looking, but generic, Chinese built, step through. The question about maintenance is this: anybody at an LBS willing to work on your ebike can tackle the accessories portion of your bike......the brakes, derailleur system, handlebars, saddle, tires, tubes and rims. It is in the e-drive and battery system where the problems with these off-shore ebikes come into question. And for that, you are likely on your own, dependent upon the expertise of those here on the forum who know this stuff. Lotsa good folks here who do that day in, day out, too.

Keep in mind for that bike style, you also have the more mainstream name brands.....Trek, Specialized, Giant.....with secondary players with great ebike drives like Yamaha, Haibike and others. You just have to look and do your homework to see what's out there.

I asked them at the time i rented earlier in the year if they ship and at least at the time they said they did not but to your point it can't be that hard. I'll ask again. I'd looked at Trek and Giant, I like their bikes but the lowest weight ebike either makes was over 60lbs and over $2,400, so idk if I'm fixated on lower weight but I did like it . Giant said they were made in China-maybe assembled here? Trek ebikes are primarily made in China, some Netherlands I was told. Only company I found that claims to be American made is Electric Bike Company and they are really just assembling the components here in Huntinton Beach so not sure if any ebike is truly mfg in America. My strength, unfortunately is in the accessories portion as I've always had a regular bike for over 50 years and can handle anything there but not the edrive so that gives me something to think about if I go for the generic. tku for your reply

Last edited:
If you were to purchase an ebike from a mainstream manufacturer who uses one of the well known branded drive system like bosh, brose or yamaha, I doubt you'd need any maintenance on the core drive/electrical system. Of course, these are more expensive bikes, so you pay a price for greater reliability.

Bike weight? Yes, at first, ebikes look bulky, heavy, porky and so forth. But ride one with a decent drive system, and the pounds seem to disappear. Yes, you need beefier vehicle racks, but the better rack makers have ramps to make loading easier.

The only situation I've seen where bike weight is important is for folks who need to carry their bikes indoors - carry, not roll. For them I don't have an answer.

Aventon rebranded? You think Aventon has a contract to manufacture their design only? All bikes like this come from one factory and they will put any decal you want on it. I bought a BMC City Ltd. Weighs 38 pounds and meets about the same specs as this bike. Just way better components!

Well, Idk if Aventon has a contract to rebrand, maybe as you said just from same factory. I just noticed that the Aventon 350 looks a lot alike the one from Pine Nut-see pic below . I do know that when I worked as buyer that the minimum buy when working with Chinese manufacturers was well beyond what this bike shop can buy (often due to shipping cost and not lot size) but mfgs would routinely allow for what we called rebranding /co-packing if in the contract. Of course that was years ago so the minimum buy may be much lower. I like the BMC City but at over 3x the cost I can't justify it -well at least to my wife, lol as I have 6 regular bikes in the garage now. Sort of like my fishing gear, if I bring home another rod and real setup , (way more than 6) she may shoot me.

Attachments

• Aventon 350.JPG
    Aventon 350.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Take it apart and haul it home. Personally IDN like that style( prefer Camel or true step-thru) they always seem cramped to me, with your strength I would say you could put together a nice light 36 Volt middrive( 80 Nm is plenty of torque, especially for a strong rider) I was looking at bottle batteries and some 10+ Ah batteries weigh about 2 kg( under 5 #) with a 350-watt Tdz you have the capacity to make a strong lightweight erider( the 7 Ah batteries are even lighter than that- around 1.5Kg) With the motor assist you do not have to worry about a large "cassette" you could even go IGH, talk about sweet, if you could add a generic belt drive( I digress)

Last edited:
I looked on Walmart for something comparabble, but most of their house brand ( Kent, Hyper, and Schwinn) hub motors are under $700, with less desireable 3 speed PAS systems. They also sell 3rd party Natkos and Ecotrics.

They don't give the weight, but here's a Walmart mid drive for $1388. You want a longer warranty, that's $58 extra for 3 years. And I believe you can dump it off at a Walmart and get your money back in the first month,

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Bicycles-Electric-Bicycle-700-C-Men-Ft-Mid-Drive-Bike-36-Volt-Battery-20-Plus-Mile-Range/776762176

Back