Do we have a Franken bike thread?

February

Region
USA
Nature adores a freak, so do I. The good, the bad, the ugly or just plain weird.... Do we have a thread for pics of our beautiful uglies?

This is my most fraken bike to date. A TSDZ2b on a bike that came out of a pile of junk bike stuff, and it has my first battery build:

PXL_20240809_202446544 (2).jpg

Those both look like they would be fun to ride. I built a gas powered bike when it was less expensive than an electric build. She was a beauty. Started out as hybrid commuter. Nothing funnier than some one walking up to you and asking what kind of enduro is that and answering, "a Schwinn." Some day I would love to buy a mid drive ebike.

I found this scooter in a junk pile on the side of the road. I was able to get it going by borrowing 3 12v SLAs and running the 24v brushed motor at 36v. That was fun and I won the challenge of getting it to work without spending a dime. Since that was all fun, I bought a 36v 20ah battery, and asked for an 8” solid tire hub motor for Xmas. I later found some MTB handlebars and added the kids scooter handlebars. Then I crudely made a wooden deck so the kid doesn’t have to step on the controller. This was fun, but it’s gutted now as I sold the battery and got a big boy scooter.

This POS was fun to learn on and the kid was very proud of me to get it in this working state.

It originally was a Sharper Image CityBug from 2007.

Here it is when I had got it running with the 3 SLAs

IMG_0746.jpeg

And here it is when I changed to a lithium battery and bldc motor.

69811548657__65C4CF01-195E-4441-A80F-5DE27528440A.jpeg

Thats pretty cool. I was chased by someone on a gas powered razor scooter decades ago. Dude was driving in the middle of a back road doing 20 in a 55 zone. I was so angry, god forgive me, I did it safely, but I cut the guy off cause I was already late and he was purposely messing with me. How do I know? As soon as I went around him on a turn, that creation of his which looked like it would fall to pieces in a strong wing turned out to be a sleeper! Dude caught up with me going 50 mph. had to go 60 to lose him. Man was he angry. To this day, I don't know what engine he slapped on that thing or how on earth he maintained control and didn't crash. for clarification your scooters look like large suvs compared to whatever he was driving. it was maybe half the size of yours at best with some kind of gas powered 2stroke engine.

Back