Do the latest 2019 Juiced Bikes have the ability to turn off the assistance? (Throttle only) We need this during proper exercise times & easy roads.

Tronic Jon

Do the latest 2019 Juiced Bike controllers have the ability to turn off the assistance? (Throttle only) We need this during proper exercise times and or easy flat roads.

If yes, I'm looking to send in my 2017/2018 Hyperfat controller to be updated, or reaplce the whole controller if need be with the new off function/throttle only option.
I'm guessing OFF would be one below ECO. (or one above SPORT?) They could even make it a hidden feature to activate for special needs.
OFF, ECO, 1, 2, 3, SPORT
(OFF = Throttle only, no automatic assistance)

If not, I've already begun the process of looking to buy a different brand bike.

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...turning-it-off-off-zero-gear-below-eco.27895/

I was going to retrofit my Hyperfat HF1000 with a manual cut off switch but it's too much work and not ideal.

https://electricbikereview.com/forum/threads/hyperfat-any-way-to-disable-automatic-assistance-on-demand-throttle-only-for-exercising-my-speed-limit-setting-isnt-obeyed-less-than-14-mph.23109/

Last edited:
I just bought a kitted out CCS 52V 2019 and it has a zero option. its nice because you can still run the front light in that mode if need be...also use the throttle in that mode.

Support finally responded:

"
Marc (Juiced Bikes)

May 7, 12:55 PM PDT

Hey there! Thanks for contacting us at JuicedBikes!

Have you already unlocked race mode? By doing so, the ability to turn off pedal assist becomes an option.

--------------------------------------------------
Marc // Technical Support
"

I just responded with:

I unlocked to get sports mode. I don't see a race mode or the ability to turnoff pedal assist.
Can I send my controller in for a firmware update?
You have my order history, right? Please advise

Support finally responded:

"
Marc (Juiced Bikes)

May 7, 12:55 PM PDT

Hey there! Thanks for contacting us at JuicedBikes!

Have you already unlocked race mode? By doing so, the ability to turn off pedal assist becomes an option.

--------------------------------------------------
Marc // Technical Support
"

I just responded with:

I unlocked to get sports mode. I don't see a race mode or the ability to turnoff pedal assist.
Can I send my controller in for a firmware update?
You have my order history, right? Please advise
Oh, go into your settings by holding the + and - buttons at the same time. from there go down to DWT and change it to 5 if you have not done that.

I got a facebook message reply as well:

"The Assist levels are basically a portion of the full power the system can give you and they are arranged in a way that you can select in steps. Note: All of our bikes are configured to follow Federal regulations. Some of the extra modes are available via settings. 0 - This is basically no power assisting you while riding. It is used to have the system on ECO - This will give you enough power to take the weight of the bike off 1,2,3 - These are incremental steps on power assist that will cap when reaching 20mph Sport, S - Will give you full power output having a 28mph cap Off-Road / Race - This will give you the full system power and won't have a speed limiter. Only to be used where allowed like non-public roads. "

I responded with: My HF1000 doesn’t have a 0 option. Can I send it in for a firmware update? Unlock NDW page Only goes 1-4

2019-05-07 14.16.06-1.jpg
2019-05-07 14.15.22.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.23.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.25.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.27.jpg2019-05-07 14.15.29.jpg

Last edited:
This is something I wanted, but for sustained periods of low speed riding, you're best off just turning the bike off. You can still pedal just fine.

This is something I wanted, but for sustained periods of low speed riding, you're best off just turning the bike off. You can still pedal just fine.

It's too slow/clunky to turn off/on as needed. When I'm riding around Lake Tahoe Sierra mountain trails I might need throttle on demand more often than normal.

Ah you still want the throttle.

Yeah in addition to a zero mode, the wattage assist level should be user configurable IMO. Eg user could set 1 to 100 watts, or 50, or 300, or whatever.

Back