Display Lock

FL_Dave

Region
USA
My first eBike is on it's way (Juggernaut Hub Duo Step-Thru) and I have also ordered new locks for it. An Abus Granit XPlus 540 and a Kryptonite Evolution Series 4. plus a 5/8-Inch thick x 7 foot long cable to use on both wheels, a 2.5 foot 5mm cable to lock my seat and a Disc Brake Lock with 110db Alarm Sound. I am wondering about how secure the display will be. I would take it with me if I could.

This might be overkill, but I use 3 locks on my 11 year old Diamondback Trace analog bicycle I bought new. I know no amount of locks will make my new eBike 100% safe from the sum of the earth, but I want them to work to take my bike from me or better yet leave mine alone. My bike(s) are how I haul groceries along with having fun outside. I went green 11 years ago with no regrets other than climate control.
Maybe I am over concerned about my display not being locked. I can password protect anyone from using it, which might help. Some people just have a need to mess with stuff that doesn't belong to them, sadly.
I do plan on getting eBike insurance at least for the first year or two, but I really hope never have to file a claim.
Any opinions and suggestions would be most helpful and I thank you in advance.

I think the disc brake may be a problem you dont want to get stuff on your your rotor and that may be hard with putting a lock on it all the time.

I think the disc brake may be a problem you dont want to get stuff on your your rotor and that may be hard with putting a lock on it all the time.
I will keep that in mind. This will be my first time using a disc brake lock. I like the alarm part, now not real sure about the safety of the rotor.

Back