Display exchange

RobbieH

Region
USA
City
Metro Atlanta
I just purchased a used 500. I think it must be a very early unit as it has the kickstand mounted to the underside of the chain stays behind the seat tube with no provision for mounting one at the rear end of the chain stay. It also has a Key Display KD26E. Does anyone know if I can Plug `N Play swap to a KD21C display? The motor is the Bafang 500. I haven't taken it apart to verify the controller but would assume it's what was used in the first models shipped.
BTW, where is the controller? Above the top battery bracket in the down tube?
Thanks,
Robbie

Attachments

• kd26.jpg
    kd26.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 196
I just purchased a used 500. I think it must be a very early unit as it has the kickstand mounted to the underside of the chain stays behind the seat tube with no provision for mounting one at the rear end of the chain stay. It also has a Key Display KD26E. Does anyone know if I can Plug `N Play swap to a KD21C display? The motor is the Bafang 500. I haven't taken it apart to verify the controller but would assume it's what was used in the first models shipped.
BTW, where is the controller? Above the top battery bracket in the down tube?
Thanks,
Robbie
I believe you will need a new controller and display as they need to have the same communication protocols. Also that motor for the early versions of the 500 were only capable of up to 25mph.

Thank you Jimmy666. I actually heard from Ride1Up late yesterday. They told me the KD21c is a plug `n play substitute for the KD26e. I agree, so far I haven't been abler to exceed 25MPH.

Back