36v Controller Wiring Help?

Davy2011

So I got a new ebike to work on, but there's a downside. I can't find the controller's wiring diagram anywhere onllne. I originally found the bike online called "MacWheel Ranger". This one looks to be a 350w model. I can't find what wires go where. I got this bike 4 days ago and i've been spending some time working on it, adding basic parts on it here n there. The bike shop that gave it to me told me the bike got into a wreck, so they had it dismantled. Luckily it came with it's battery and it still work as well! I got the wheel, frame, and well, the battery as well. After investigating and finding the controller hidden behind the battery's bottom mount, It looks to be a decent controller. But there's ANOTHER downside. The main wire's been cut! I can't determine what wire goes where! Basically this is a waterproof controller, but the bike shop cut the main wire that splits off to the controller, throttle, brakes, and likely the headlight(seeing as how this bike had a headlight, but it's not there.) But the good news is that it was just a extension. Here's a few photos I was able to take of it at least. But I do know the display is a KD21C. But the end of it is a weird oval connection and not a circular connection which is really annoying me. So any help would be needed! All i'm looking for is the wiring diagram as to what goes where, where can I find a part that has a oval connection, or i'll have to cut the controller's end and just wire it up to the beheaded main controller wire. I don't know exactly where that pink wire goes except it just has a extenstion for that one only, and a yellow port that doesn't really go anywhere. But I know one of the connections goes directly to the motor, so there's that benefit.

IMG_20220715_134931923_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220714_214713971_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220716_212025225_HDR.jpg

Here the are wires that are in a typical extension cable. Matches the 9 cut wires. Are you sure the connector wasn't squashed? With everyone using similar 4:1 and 5:1 harnesses, I wonder why would someone make a limited run of somethinmg different.

1. Battery - from controller to display
2. Start - this comes from display and goes to battery voltage when display turns on
3. Ground - goes to throttle and display
4. Tx Data from display to controller
5. RX Data from controller to display
6. +5V to throttle
7. Throttle output
8. Brake - goes to brake lever.
9. Lights

And everyone uses a different color, so any color guesses I make are probably wrong.

This is not something you can do randomly. THe controller turns on when the start wire gets 48V. If you start putting 48V onto random wires, most of them will blow a circuit. You're going to have buy a new extension cable from somewhere.

Did it come with a display? If it didn't, consider buying a different display/controller combo, with waterproof cable.. The display sis usually the pricier part of the pair anyway.

Here the are wires that are in a typical extension cable. Matches the 9 cut wires. Are you sure the connector wasn't squashed? With everyone using similar 4:1 and 5:1 harnesses, I wonder why would someone make a limited run of somethinmg different.

1. Battery - from controller to display
2. Start - this comes from display and goes to battery voltage when display turns on
3. Ground - goes to throttle and display
4. Tx Data from display to controller
5. RX Data from controller to display
6. +5V to throttle
7. Throttle output
8. Brake - goes to brake lever.
9. Lights

And everyone uses a different color, so any color guesses I make are probably wrong.

This is not something you can do randomly. THe controller turns on when the start wire gets 48V. If you start putting 48V onto random wires, most of them will blow a circuit. You're going to have buy a new extension cable from somewhere.

Did it come with a display? If it didn't, consider buying a different display/controller combo, with waterproof cable.. The display sis usually the pricier part of the pair anyway.

I'm sure, and yes it came with its display. Looking at it, it looks like a USB-C port and it's really confusing me on why it's like that. I saw a exact LCD screen like the one I have, but I can't find anything that connects to it and then to the rest of the bike. Here's what it looks like.

I know this is super old and such, but after a few months in and down the road, the bike works fine now! But now I have another issue. I need to figure out what the white, light gray, brown, and burgandy wires go to. I thought they go to the throttle since the bike doesn't have one and I know it has it's own headlight, but I don't fully know on that matter either. I volt tested some of the wires, and this is all I got.
Did you contact their support address to buy a new extension cable?

"We are here to help. Contact our representative via [email protected]"

White to Light Gray: 2.60v
Burgandy to Light Gray: 4.53v(This seems to drop 0.01v a second for some reason)
Burgandy to Brown: 5.01v
Brown to White: 2.61v

I'm still questioning this bike and still trying to fix it to sell it soon as well...whether two of these wires need to touch, or there's a certain button to press to toggle the lights on. Whichever it is, i'm guessing it then gets surged with the bike's voltage and the headlight has its own resistor to restrain the full voltage and trickle it down to a safer limit for it.

But moral of the story is, it's missing the throttle, and I think it had a headlight as well.

Edit: I got the red, green, blue, yellow, and black wires connected to the controller and it's functioning. I got all the other wires that was from the wrecked bike all connected as well and it works if you just pedal only on it! But it just doesn't have a throttle, and I don't think it had a cruise control, or safety brake to stop the bike as well.

Last edited:
Back