Disability- need some unbiased advice

Yes, good to keep ebike classes in mind:
Class 1: Pedal assist only, up to 20mph, no throttle.
Class 2: Pedal assist and throttle, up to 20mph.
Class 3: No throttle, goes faster (28mph?)

I have a Class 2 ebike. I use the throttle for starting on hills, and, well, often for starting in other situations, also. :) I also use it when I encounter sudden hills because it's easier to add some throttle than to adjust the PAS suddenly from a lower to a much higher level.
Class 3 can have a throttle, but it will only take you to 20 mph. Greater speed depends on pedal assist.

Thank you for all the comments. I decided (after a year of research & contemplation.. & saving $) to buy a "DJ folding bike" (a style name might sell better) from Canada. It came stock with everything that Rad Bikes offered as add-ons, including working brake lights, for my $1499 price point (hint: it's $100 less by buying from the company and not through Amazon). I ordered it Friday and it showed up TODAY (a day early). I put it together in about 20 minutes (1/2 that time was clipping-off zip ties!) and was able to do a 20 min test drive on pavement, gravel, and a pretty steep hill. I'm glad I went for the 750W motor, it had NO problem getting up the hill on its own (my foot had enough by then).

It seems that mid-year batteries jumped up 10Ah in the affordable range, and this bike has 13Ah; plenty for my needs and with 48V throughout it jumps from the line. In fact I need to go into the settings as PA1 seems to be nothing and PA2 is a bit much.

Headlight & taillights integrated was very hard to find & I almost settled for battery lights. Fit & Finish are very nice except that the bolt sockets are a millimeter or 2 off; just far enough that they can't be wiggled into place. I have an email sent to the company to see what they want to do. Oh, and it was +$200 if I wanted black (the only other option). As I'm not going to be doing any rad jumps down at the skate park, white will do just fine. :)

I appreciate all the input (& concerns). I'm definitely going to stick around the forums here with all this friendly information available. :^)

Jas

Back