Direct sunlight

karmap

Does anyone have any experience with direct sunlight on the crosscurrent S? I live in Denver and the sun can get pretty intense. I've had a Apple Watch shutoff while it was on my wrist because it was too hot

I am mostly worried about the display getting burned out or something. I don't leave it outside often but I know there will be days where it will probably sit out for a few hours.

Side question. Does anyone know a good light rain cover for the bike?

No clue on whether hot sunlight will have a long-term effect on the LCD display. We've been having 95+ degree days here in NC this month and I've had no problem with anything over-heating so far. FWIW.

Bonnie and I bought these covers from Amazon for our ebikes. They do an OK job. A hard rain will soak through some but still better than nothing. I'm thinking about spraying them with a silicone spray for improved protection. We also have to contend with dust, pollen, etc. and they work fine for that.

I see a market for EBike handlebar covers to protect our bikes going to work with a tailor to design and create one for me.

I had my CC when I lived in Denver, and now I'm in Florida with it. Tons of sun in both areas!

Anyway, I've never had an issue with direct sunlight. Best bet is if you keep the bike outside, without moving (like if it's locked up) you should take the battery off. Direct sunlight is bad if the item is staying in one place directly under the sun. If you're riding around on the bike it shouldn't be an issue.

Back