Difference in Motor Controller Between the CCX and Rip Current S

Merc

CCX Motor Controller is a 9 Transitor with 25 amp peak while the Rip is 9 with a 20 amp peak. Any reasonable explanation as to why Juiced did this? I’d prefer the Rip because love the versatility and fat tires, but hard to give up the max speed in the CCX that has 25 amp peak, thus the race mode.

Of course there is that Hyperfat with 35 amp peak I’m salivating over.

You won't find much difference in top speed between the RCS and the CCX. Maybe 1 or 2 mph. I say this because there are other factors at play such as wind resistance that affect top speed. To get to top speed on either bike means increased rider effort, as much or more than the type of controller or 52 V vs. 48 V.

That being said, I would like to have the increased acceleration that the CCX would offer over my CCS. For my usage, acceleration is much more often needed than the extra little bit of top speed. YMMV.

Well, I just looked up the law in California regulating bikes and they define it as one powered by an electric motor of less than 750 watts, so I’m done considering an HF.

Can’t wait for the reviews and comments on the CCX, since at this point it’s between the RCS or the CCX. Wish the RCS came with an “R” mode like the CCX.

Awesome! Someone from Juiced responded to my question on the new video for the Rip Currents. Apparently the 2019 Rip Current S will have the same 25 amp peak motor controller carried on the new CCX which arrives today! It also has the “R” mode that the CCX carries. Essentially it’s a CCX with fat tires.

Can’t wait for my birthday! After much research and viewing of different videos and pictures I can tell the subtle distinction in frame sizes as well, so I’m pretty sure exactly what size I want, I think I’ll add the riser bars and the suspension post, “Paint it Black” “ Back in Black.” I’m set!

CCX Motor Controller is a 9 Transitor with 25 amp peak while the Rip is 9 with a 20 amp peak. Any reasonable explanation as to why Juiced did this? I’d prefer the Rip because love the versatility and fat tires, but hard to give up the max speed in the CCX that has 25 amp peak, thus the race mode.

Of course there is that Hyperfat with 35 amp peak I’m salivating over.

I am not positive, but I think the CCX allows throttle only up to 28 mph. If so, that is nice to have. Also, I think the CCX has a PAS of “0”. That also is very desirable. I hope Juiced has an upgrade to their RCS controller because I own one and am unhappy with the controller.

FYI, I was chatting with Stephanie from Juiced Bikes and she advised me that Tora indicated both the CCX and the RIP S have the same 9 transistor 25 amp peak motor controller and will speak with their website guy to make the correction.

FYI, I was chatting with Stephanie from Juiced Bikes and she advised me that Tora indicated both the CCX and the RIP S have the same 9 transistor 25 amp peak motor controller and will speak with their website guy to make the correction

I really hope so. Having to stay on PAS 1 is very undesirable at times. Thanks for the info.

I really hope so. Having to stay on PAS 1 is very undesirable at times. Thanks for the info.
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. You are saying the website has it posted wrong. What I am hoping for is a re-flashing of the RCS controller and display to make it function same as the CCX, i.e., give it a PAS of 0. Tora told me in an email that they were working on that. It would be worth pulling the controller and shipping it to them if they would do that. I already replaced the controller on my new RCS once. On arrival, the bike display would not come on. They immediately shipped me a new controller and battery. When removing the original controller, I found a serious kink in the wire which I feel caused the problem. It wasn’t a quality issue, just a factory install issue. Runs fine now.

Back