Dewalt Drill E-bike clever invention

Dewalt makes some pretty tough drills on the upper end of their line. Duty cycle is not usually much of a consideration for drills, so if they publish that, I've never seen it. As Bob says, this is probably just a novelty -- to show it can be done -- or it might be good around a large warehouse or some other limited range purpose. It's not likely to be anyone's solution for a 40 mile ride!

TT

Dewalt makes some pretty tough drills on the upper end of their line. Duty cycle is not usually much of a consideration for drills, so if they publish that, I've never seen it. As Bob says, this is probably just a novelty -- to show it can be done -- or it might be good around a large warehouse or some other limited range purpose. It's not likely to be anyone's solution for a 40 mile ride!

TT
Sure, I like the concept and creative thinking behind it. To actually see it propel anyone is kinda impressive with such low voltage.

Sure, I like the concept and creative thinking behind it. To actually see it propel anyone is kinda impressive with such low voltage.
The drill has a big battery. A lot of amp hours regardless. I can't tell but it might be a Flex-Volt drill/battery that puts out either 20 or 60 volts, depending what it's hooked up to. Your point still stands though!

TT

Think I have that same drill bought new last Black Friday sale. Still going on the initial charge impressive compared to my older 18v dewalt. Think dewalt rated it at something like 80nm power.

Back