DETOUR BIKE LIGHT

My stepdad is Polish. Jaszewski. All from Poland here are Kashubian. Bytow is our sister city (Spelling?) until 1950 the St Stanislaus parish school was half days in Polish. Sadly all I can do is say hello and cus.
Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bytów

I thing that 'cus' is probably for 'cześć'?? for 'hi'??: https://translate.google.com/?sl=pl&tl=en&text=cześć&op=translate

Old emigration did not pay much attention to old language.. New comers (recent years) are 'modernized' in many regards, often highly educated. I have 2 aunts they came to Detroit, and New York in 1950s having barely elementary school, country side people, very great hearted...
But we will keep this topic to some other discussion. I don't want to drift to much from main 'title' of thread :), Hope others don't mind this brief exchange between two ordinary 'Polaks' :)

Should have been CUSS! As in curse. My bad for using a slang term...

Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 3.44.38 PM.png

I'm seriously considering the Outbound Detour light. Currently, I happen to have a NiteRider Lumina 1800. It projects massive amount of light even in the low settings. The problem is the amount of spill that can blind drivers and pedestrians.
I'm hoping that the Outbound Detour can project enough light for my Class 3 e-bike, but have it well managed. Is this your experience?
According to some specs, Outbound DL delivers 1100 lumens, and I tend to believe it is a case. You need to remember it is stVzo - NO BLINDING oncoming traffic plus ALL LUMENS are going where directed, not just everywhere (up as well). There are tones of reviews (at this time): https://judge.me/reviews/outboundlighting.myshopify.com .. Standing alone low setup would be to low, but MID and definitely HIGH is ADEQUATE! My setup is not 'stand alone' and I use it 99% at LOW as it works in conjunction with my build in (200 lumens stVzo), and for HIGH BEAM I use 1100 lumens regular night thrower!.. So I say it works very very well for me :)! p.s. as oppose to BEFORE.. now nobody 'blinks at me' at night - meaning no more any of upcoming drivers is blinded by me! :). G. luck!

Last edited:
And bet more efficient as well! I'm Polish. Back in old country 30+ years ago that what was used for bikes.. of course back than they were not as bright (no LED technology for bikes at least)... I'm assuming 1100 or 1200 lumens when patterned is probably equivalent to much brighter regular light and quit bright...as light is focused, and this way more intense. I'm simply cannot find anything else other than wired lights at this point on market. ... My Cannondale Neo Tesoro has build in with cut off, gr8 but mostly for park rides, and only 200 lumens which simply is not sufficient for high speed rides.... Unfortunately product is brand new so not much feedback...yet they offer 30 days return policy... I'm assuming it'll be decent as their other products have very good reviews. To 'tomjasz': this is exactly my case. My Trunite 1100 is fantastic but only when there is no incoming traffic...
I tried this both (and yes, both goes back to Amazon):
1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PBK6429?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IO12ESM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
# 2 is kind of interesting, yet blinding effect is simply there.. #1 despite 'diffuser' still do the same - blinding ;(.

People signaled at me with their high beams meaning I was blinding them.. I don't think it is safe setup 4 me or them....No wonder..I wouldn't be happy as driver either.

... without further due... ordered

DETOUR BIKE LIGHT​

We'll update you in few days - please have restful, safe and happy 4th of July!U

my trek and my tandem had the low throw lights. this would be good as anything like it is usually more and the run time is double. but now I dont think I actually need it.
Understandable. I did not put anything like this for my wife's bike.. I still added up stVzo tiny 180/300 lumens: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09DXFBM35?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details as 'an addition' to factory one (the same factory I do have - all REI bikes comes with same ones.. but even those evolves into better - her got 'whiter' temperature (i.e. cooler) - same lumens outage but 'whiter' actually improves your night visibility. Factory and this one together (being stVzo - having cut out pattern) works good enough. In addition, for her, I put day running one with 'slow strobe' and 'breathing' for dusk time : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074W5T1TZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details IMHO is perfect setup for 'casual/fun' rides. My Outbound makes sense to me as there are time when I run +30mph, and there is simply high desire in forest area against deers, squirrels, etc... The riding season in Cleveland, OH is nearly over. Have a happy and safe runs all!

There are 3 upgrades that I intend to invest in. The Detour by Outbound Lighting is one. The other 2 upgrades would be the Hiploc D1000 bike lock and I'm considering the Xnito helmet. The helmet is design to meet the Dutch NTA-8776 standards for Class 3 eBikes. Time for me to save up.
I've got Detour by Outbound Lighting.. and it is decent light.. Mostly riding on LOW.(as an additional to my REI's stVzo 300 lumens - both bring enough juice). Mid sometimes.. High is very good, especially when I'm riding 25+mph :). g. .luck.

Thanks for the feedback.
I currently have the NiteRider Lumina 1800 on my Class 3 eBike. A good light, but in my opinion it's better for MTB off road riding, over road urban use. It pumps out tons of lumens, however this is a flood light. Unfortunately the excessive light spill that tends to be blinding to oncoming traffic. As a result, most of the time I use the light on the low setting and angled downwards, that is unless I'm traveling at excessive speeds.

Living in SoCal, I'm able to ride year round, including into the night. Something I enjoy doing a lot. I want a light that is designed for urban night riding. I light that will cast lumens safely where I need only. I figure that the Detour with engineered cutoff beam lenses, is the light that I've been searching for.

BTW for those who are interested, besides the cutoff beam design, the Detour light has great mounting options and USB-C recharging.
Outbound light also has what appears to be a great MTB bar and helmet setup. All designed and assembled in the USA.
G morning! U r absolutely correct!! If you followed some of my posts you would know why I agree. Every biker I think (I have this bike, also Class3: https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/electric/e-touring/tesoro-neo-x/tesoro-neo-x-1-remixte-smu) must first ask/answer himself few simple questions: 1) what is my bike style riding??? (I'm a lot on public roads, not necessary with high level traffic.. I'm from Broadview Heights, OH - South outskirts of Cleveland OH - we have fantastic Metro Parks - yet I often ride main roads even in parks as squirrels when running plus 25 mph on side/walk paths are my enemies - posting danger), 2) what speeds do you bike with.. Typically knowing this two dictates enough for coming up with what I want to say 'sets, not just single' bike lights... .. p.s. pardon my English - I'm Polish with American English being my 'secondary language',... so trying my best. My bike photos - with some lights installed: https://www.amazon.com/photos/album/A2U1A31K8FCE4J:nI6Guo3ERXmEyXrlMHOdXA ... Everyone of them serves different purpose.. I gave some thoughts of how and let say in what combinations (sometimes having only 1 of 3, or 2 of three, or all 3 working together - talking about front ones - similarly rear ones 1 out of 3, 2, or 3 out of 3 together - depending on weather - terrein, position of sun on sky, etc.. shades... ) . To remind: stack front/rear is from REI (don't remember specs), but front is stVzo, 300 lumens. Alone not enough for road speedy ride, while fine for park at lower speeds on gravel... Cylindrical is far thrower, 1100 lumens - fantastic supporter for super fast runs on open roads in remote area - absolutely not to use against incoming traffic.. only on low, or super low.. or during day light on low to mid in sunny day. IT's strobe is not appropriate for incomming traffic - it's more like a weapon - may even induce epileptic attacs - this is why Outbound with stVzo, and not crazy high frequency strobe..... You know what is Outband used for, that I don't have to explain - super useful .. I typically have in tandem - stack + Outbound set to low - plenty of light.. when incoming traffic on road, with sometimes mid or high...as despite patterned incoming car's LED it still enough blinding not to seem cracks on road - than is when Outbound 'shines' when combined with stVzo stack!! Alone Outbound is fine, but be prepared to run it on Mid or High (operation run time trade offs) all the time unless you run < say 15mph... Rear bike parts: stock + two other... in my few last posts I put exact links to Amazon for those Tailgator and Omega.. Both additional super powerful, with NiteRide Omega 300 lumens fantastically bright, in combined usage with Tailgator gyroscopic mechanism igniting 'brake light' while actively decelerating (not while slowly decelerating) - i.e. there must be certain of minimum rate of deceleration in order to engage tailagors' 300 lumens 'brake light' - and brake light on this Tailgator is 'on top' of continuously either strobe or slow beacon light :), or steady, further adopting it's intensity to ambient conditions - good thinking/engineering optimizing experience.. Tailgator has nice bacon pattern, so often on sunset it is enough to run alone, discussion may go on and on.. by now you probably know that I like 'variety'... for longevity/optimization and usability, and mostly my - others safety.. not necessary turning on all at once, as it is not about brighter but more clever usage.. stVzo should be standard for bikers here in US - as it is in Europe.. while here, in US it is UNREGULATED.. crazy as it gets.. it's about egocentric thinking rather than carrying about others posting more danger then help (unless off roads on designated MTB paths).. The same I never understood concept for motor bikers being allowed running with no helmets.. foolish, sorry. G luck. Hope some tips helps.. more details in my prior posts..

G morning! U r absolutely correct!! If you followed some of my posts you would know why I agree. Every biker I think (I have this bike, also Class3: https://www.cannondale.com/en/bikes/electric/e-touring/tesoro-neo-x/tesoro-neo-x-1-remixte-smu) must first ask/answer himself few simple questions: 1) what is my bike style riding??? (I'm a lot on public roads, not necessary with high level traffic.. I'm from Broadview Heights, OH - South outskirts of Cleveland OH - we have fantastic Metro Parks - yet I often ride main roads even in parks as squirrels when running plus 25 mph on side/walk paths are my enemies - posting danger), 2) what speeds do you bike with.. Typically knowing this two dictates enough for coming up with what I want to say 'sets, not just single' bike lights... .. p.s. pardon my English - I'm Polish with American English being my 'secondary language',... so trying my best. My bike photos - with some lights installed: https://www.amazon.com/photos/album/A2U1A31K8FCE4J:nI6Guo3ERXmEyXrlMHOdXA ... Everyone of them serves different purpose.. I gave some thoughts of how and let say in what combinations (sometimes having only 1 of 3, or 2 of three, or all 3 working together - talking about front ones - similarly rear ones 1 out of 3, 2, or 3 out of 3 together - depending on weather - terrein, position of sun on sky, etc.. shades... ) . To remind: stack front/rear is from REI (don't remember specs), but front is stVzo, 300 lumens. Alone not enough for road speedy ride, while fine for park at lower speeds on gravel... Cylindrical is far thrower, 1100 lumens - fantastic supporter for super fast runs on open roads in remote area - absolutely not to use against incoming traffic.. only on low, or super low.. or during day light on low to mid in sunny day. IT's strobe is not appropriate for incomming traffic - it's more like a weapon - may even induce epileptic attacs - this is why Outbound with stVzo, and not crazy high frequency strobe..... You know what is Outband used for, that I don't have to explain - super useful .. I typically have in tandem - stack + Outbound set to low - plenty of light.. when incoming traffic on road, with sometimes mid or high...as despite patterned incoming car's LED it still enough blinding not to seem cracks on road - than is when Outbound 'shines' when combined with stVzo stack!! Alone Outbound is fine, but be prepared to run it on Mid or High (operation run time trade offs) all the time unless you run < say 15mph... Rear bike parts: stock + two other... in my few last posts I put exact links to Amazon for those Tailgator and Omega.. Both additional super powerful, with NiteRide Omega 300 lumens fantastically bright, in combined usage with Tailgator gyroscopic mechanism igniting 'brake light' while actively decelerating (not while slowly decelerating) - i.e. there must be certain of minimum rate of deceleration in order to engage tailagors' 300 lumens 'brake light' - and brake light on this Tailgator is 'on top' of continuously either strobe or slow beacon light :), or steady, further adopting it's intensity to ambient conditions - good thinking/engineering optimizing experience.. Tailgator has nice bacon pattern, so often on sunset it is enough to run alone, discussion may go on and on.. by now you probably know that I like 'variety'... for longevity/optimization and usability, and mostly my - others safety.. not necessary turning on all at once, as it is not about brighter but more clever usage.. stVzo should be standard for bikers here in US - as it is in Europe.. while here, in US it is UNREGULATED.. crazy as it gets.. it's about egocentric thinking rather than carrying about others posting more danger then help (unless off roads on designated MTB paths).. The same I never understood concept for motor bikers being allowed running with no helmets.. foolish, sorry. G luck. Hope some tips helps.. more details in my prior posts..
Some separation of paragraphs would make it easier for old eyes to read...

My stepdad is Polish. Jaszewski. All from Poland here are Kashubian. Bytow is our sister city (Spelling?) until 1950 the St Stanislaus parish school was half days in Polish. Sadly all I can do is say hello and cus.
If you can cuss, you've got the important part covered.

Just an update on my front thrower... My Trunite 1150 lumens thrower (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QAHI4RS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is getting retired - on/off/function button simply quit working in reliable fashion. That light served me well since September 5, 2015. I started using it heavily on my bike for last year and half - to bad, could not obtain spare part as they quit this model.. The replacement ancestor coming of Amazon my way today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TBTC1JS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ..

I'll put word here how it performs when will have a chance to test it out. I'm amazed how 'computerized' it became - it also has programmable UI (user interface) - so who knows , for biker reason I may make it working much simpler, and reserving all fancy feature under different 'press number' combination to access). To give you idea: (one could skip to 6 minutes 10 second if seems to boring):

I am thinking about getting it, and have a hard time to find the actual user that have tried that... Please let me know how 'it feels' if anybody tried that or what are your thoughts.. I posted elsewhere, and don't receive much feedback as this is very brand new that just came out to sale.

Some links:

Bit pricey but I'm big fun of optimization and not blinding others as I ride my bike often in traffic.

Thank you in advance.

Back