Depreciation of Electric Bikes

Good to know, it's the Aventon Pace 500 (not newer edition), I have been really pleased with it and it rides great. The only two items I don't love about it are no front shocks and the cadence sensor is pretty basic and just on/off. Would like next bike to have torque sensor, front shocks, and maybe belt drive although not required. Looks like pricing on e-bikes has come down a bit, I haven't looked in over a year at new bikes. A lot of e-bike companies seem to be running pretty good discounts right now. I'm also debating on getting a little mini-moto instead like a Honda Navi but then I've got to get a motorcycle license, registration, insurance, and have to use the roads rather than the bike paths.
I've thought about a mini-moto myself! The Navi is priced really good...but that is basically because in every other market it is a low end scooter (hence the 'storage space' where the empty footwell resides). I watched a teardown and it really truly is just a basic scooter shined up for the US market. I watched a TFL Bike video about it, and it definitely underperformed compared to I think the monkey. Consider the grom/monkey/cub seem to basically hold their value in perpetuity probably better off with one of those!

I've had a Grom since 2014. I am looking for an Ebike replacement for a Grom. Not a 50mph bike, but a 30 plus.
Being cheap, but not smart, I've put a Bafang BBSO2 in a Trek 7.2. It works great, but I want more suspension.
Which leads me to this. There is an almost an infinite number of really great bikes for next to nothing that can be converted to an ebike. And then an older ebike, maybe with battery issues, and old tech/specs, has almost no value.

Back