Delite Gx Rohloff HS ‘not mountain, mountain version’

Started commuting on it this week. I'll be past 100'miles on it by the time the weekend roles around.

Great all around! Consistently doing the 15.5 mile one way in 40-45 minutes with high assist levels and have battery to spare once home on the return.

29D17D3D-0297-442B-A333-395C5BA769C9.jpeg
-the sunrise this morning on the way in.

Some items I've keyed in on (likely because I was thinking of them going into it). The chain over roller does indeed produce some vibes I can feel in my feet, and I've gotten some numbness; but that may be from new shoes too. I'll see if it 'breaks in' with use.

The the combination of the single clamp for both the rack and seat clamp for the seat and the fact that putting a drop post in requires a shim has caused some issues with not getting a solid/secure seat. Initially thought it was excessive grease from the installation, but after cleaning the issue remains; so it may be a poor shim fit.

Have a drop seat makes a big difference in simply getting on and off regarding swinging your leg over: definitely recommend it.

The Rohloff has been great, and is already shifting easier as the gears have begun to bed in. Top end I'm usually in 12-13. I've only used 14 going downhill. Uphill with assist I'm usually in the high single digits. With assist off and riding with the kids I've dropped down to the bottom three a few times.

I wish there was a spot for a second lock. Currently I'm leaving the second where I lock it up at work.

Had to spend some time to clean up the cockpit cables and setup of left vs right for the lights/bell/seat.

It should come with bar ends.

Rear rack doesn't fit the ortlieb 3 system out of the box. But does quite well with some changes... Lower bolted thru the 'fairing'.

Tubeless conversion worked fine with the tires/rim.

I'll post a few more pics of the bike later on all geared up.

101BF175-F54B-4BB2-8CE6-EE0E48192378.jpeg
CFCBCCE5-F1E3-491E-8DF4-1F0D806FAF15.jpeg

Been traveling a lot for work. Rolled thru 300 miles. Dealer took care of the loose seat post; tightened the headset, and allowed switchable light . Received the second charger as compensation for the light issue. No other issues. Still a strong recommendation for any considering it.

Quick update fell off riding for awhile due to work travel personal issues and weather. Around 700 miles on it now having had it about 6 months. Which is about 1/2-1/3 of my use goal but still better than not having it. Had some minor paint chipping and interference on the front basket with the suspension fork at full compression which was an easy adjustment. Some chips out of the plastic fenders from trail use. And the plastic on the bottom of the motor is quite worn from logs/rocks but has held up.

I’ve got the rear rack set up for both the new style ortlieb bags and can use the classic style as well without issue once I figured out the spacing and orientation of everything.

No major hiccups, though range is definitely impacted in winter once it gets below freezing.

Still a worthy recommendation for those considering it.

Finally got the wall mount sorted. Realized I never posted pictures of the cockpit... Left side light and seat and computer. Right side bell shifter iPhone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 477
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 483
Typical commute setup. I have two of the older style orange bags. And also bought the other office style bag; but tend to use the combo setup here. Front basket tends to get the coffee cup, gloves and whatever other random bits and is definitly a worthwhile upgrade. It keeps the spare tubes, and tools, along with the bag on the back rack.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 517
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 495
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 407
Typical commute setup. I have two of the older style orange bags. And also bought the other office style bag; but tend to use the combo setup here. Front basket tends to get the coffee cup, gloves and whatever other random bits and is definitly a worthwhile upgrade.

My delivery for Delite Rohloff not expected for a couple of months. Front rack is included ; looking for a nice bag like the one you show. What brand/model/color is it?

Back