Delite and Homage 5

I’ve never been a fan of the design of these bikes and the rack always looks…. Odd to my eyes.

The move to a pinion geared motor is intriguing! Everything I read suggests Pinions are awesome and I think geared motors are the future for e-bikes but the integration of the motor on these two bikes looks…. Odd?! It’s far less discreet than the Bosch systems.

Bet they cost an absolute bomb !

I’ve never been a fan of the design of these bikes and the rack always looks…. Odd to my eyes.

The move to a pinion geared motor is intriguing! Everything I read suggests Pinions are awesome and I think geared motors are the future for e-bikes but the integration of the motor on these two bikes looks…. Odd?! It’s far less discreet than the Bosch systems.

Bet they cost an absolute bomb !
Yes it will cost the price of a decent electric motor bike…

But I really like the design of the frame. The Pinion MGU does not look like it fits and is too bulky but think if the Bosch system was added to this frame it would look good.

The rear rack certainly looks much better 😅

The most interesting thing is that R&M says this new design will accomodate different motor / gear brands, which is probably why it is a bit ... bulky.
This is certainly critical for them if they want to survive, and avoid being totally Bosch dependant.
On our Delite and Homage 4 (which are just fantastic bikes), motor, ABS, bike software, and user interface are Bosch products, and Bosch controls the end user relationship through its software.
As a CEO, I wouldn't like a supplier much bigger than me have such control over my customers and my costs. o_O
Same story happened in automotive industry a century ago, between carbuilders and motorists......

The most interesting thing is that R&M says this new design will accomodate different motor / gear brands, which is probably why it is a bit ... bulky.
This is certainly critical for them if they want to survive, and avoid being totally Bosch dependant.
On our Delite and Homage 4 (which are just fantastic bikes), motor, ABS, bike software, and user interface are Bosch products, and Bosch controls the end user relationship through its software.
As a CEO, I wouldn't like a supplier much bigger than me have such control over my customers and my costs. o_O
Same story happened in automotive industry a century ago, between carbuilders and motorists......
I never thought about this but you are right… Bosch is kinda the brains and nervous system in RM bikes..
That gives a lot of control to Bosch away from RM.

I sure due hope that bulk lightens with Bosch motors though…the Pinion sitting in it is unsightly in an otherwise decent looking frame.

Bosch is kinda the brains and nervous system in RM bikes..
So Pinion will be the "brains and nervous system" instead? An equivalent scenario and, to me, of no concern.

Regardless, this is an interesting and exciting generational change in ebike technology. Lots of potential.

I wonder if such technology will be included in any future Supercharger models. So far, the SC seems to have been left by the wayside.

Last edited:
So Pinion will be the "brains and nervous system" instead?

Regardless, this is an interesting and exciting generational change in ebike technology. Lots of potential.

I wonder if such technology will be included in any future Supercharger models. So far, the SC seems to have been left by the wayside.
Well the spokesman in the video is hinting that other motors can be placed where the Pinion is at present for the new models.
So maybe there will be options on top of Bosch, Pinion (Bafang, Shimano etc)

Who knows.. but the more the merrier I think.

I never thought about this but you are right… Bosch is kinda the brains and nervous system in RM bikes..
That gives a lot of control to Bosch away from RM.

I sure due hope that bulk lightens with Bosch motors though…the Pinion sitting in it is unsightly in an otherwise decent looking frame.
Can’t quite figure out why it’s looks so bulky because the pinion isn’t bulky - from other brands it’s been fitted too. That plastic triangle at top which looks a continuation of the motor. Trying to work out if that houses the rear shock? Not too familiar with R&M frame design.

Can’t quite figure out why it’s looks so bulky because the pinion isn’t bulky - from other brands it’s been fitted too. That plastic triangle at top which looks a continuation of the motor. Trying to work out if that houses the rear shock? Not too familiar with R&M frame design.
Most probably because the frame is designed to fit different motor brands, hence room for the bigger ones.
I assume part of the volume is just a cover that will be adapted to each brand, in order to provide the same look whatever the motor.
Pure intellectual speculation for me, since my Delite 4 is expected to last a few years, but very interesting to follow.

For the bulky look, once you're on the saddle, you don't care. ;)
I'm not sure whether it is Shaw or not who said "When I see a beautiful house, I buy the one across the street."

Last edited:
Fox on the Homage. Nice. Good to see they have shortened the cranks too. Love the new colour on the Delite. Looking forward to seeing the published bike geometry to spot any changes from the current models.

Yes it does cover the shock. You can see the blue adjustment lever in some of the shots e.g. at 0:10. If you visually strip away that cover, the frame triangle probably looks similar to before. Personally I think it looks like the dogs breakfast, but I would love a Pinion!

Yes it does cover the shock. You can see the blue adjustment lever in some of the shots e.g. at 0:10. If you visually strip away that cover, the frame triangle probably looks similar to before. Personally I think it looks like the dogs breakfast, but I would love a Pinion!
Agree - dog's breakfast & still wanting a pinion! Here's a top down pic I found that I posted on another thread, shows the shock. Really do not understand R&M's design & look!

Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 15.39.03.png

Back