Decent explanation of Pedal Assist vs Throttle

It's that 'free ride' statement that concerns many regular bike users. If they are sharing a dedicated bike lane or trail, I believe they at least want to see a 'good faith' pedaling effort that helps bind one to the cycling community. The Zen of cycling, if you will. Anything else is considered a 'scooter'.

It's that 'free ride' statement that concerns many regular bike users. If they are sharing a dedicated bike lane or trail, I believe they at least want to see a 'good faith' pedaling effort that helps bind one to the cycling community. The Zen of cycling, if you will. Anything else is considered a 'scooter'.

I agree completely, I like it : The Zen of Cycling.

Many of my friends, true cycling enthusiasts, have issues with E-bikes in general, but they're thinking more of those little E scooters. I think we all have to respect cyclists, and pedalling is a good way to show it.

Apparently some cities have banned E bikes with throttles on their bike paths; Calgary for example.:( Something to be aware of.

Apparently some cities have banned E bikes with throttles on their bike paths; Calgary for example.:( Something to be aware of.

That is worrying and hopefully it will not start a trend.

I feel privileged to ride 'bicycle' trails & paths; I act accordingly, we all should.

If it looks like a bicycle, has pedals, let it be treated as a bicycle. Darn.

Back