dashin Tampa!

Kyle hamor

Today I biked 28 miles in assist 3. And a little bit of throttle. I also went to streetfit360. (My local bike shop) and bought 2 new upgrades, a ridiculously bright cygolite streak USB led headlight and taillight. (Much needed) for night rides. And a pretty sweet "3g bike's" kinda fat cruiser style seat. This is a pretty good product, reducing the impact of roads and sidewalk imperfections nicely.

phpvtfHNfPM.jpg phpDHp6YGPM.jpg phpDzmdxZPM.jpg phppWwTUIPM.jpg

All in all another perfect trip, on my dash! Thanks again for everyone helping me with my purchase, may have spent a crazy amount on a bike. Or even worse may have bought a bike that I would have been unhappy with. If not for Court's hard work and dedication.

The seat is kinda hard, but slick. Thinking of moving it to my shock post that I have. Should help. Sweet bike so far, I'm liking mine.

I also bought the Cygolyte 600 lumens headlight about 4 months ago. Very effective light, and I use it in strobe mode during the day.. Gets noticed... Unfortunately I have lost 4 turbolites this year for various reasons.. I've surrended to fate and now just buy cheap chinese tailights...

I'm thinking all I need now is some slick looking fenders, is there such a thing? .. (any suggestions, I'm hoping to order a pair hopefully less than $100.00. And I need a good idea for a back rack/ waterressistant bag thing to Carry my second battery and chargers. Also I'd like to get any extra storage possible, like frame bag 1 or 2.. and if anyone knows of a way to mount a Samsung note 3, to the handlebars. Yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that all this gear may be overkill to some. I'm going to be using the dash as my main transportation so it's necessary for me.

I assume you've read the recent posts about Dash fenders and racks. To expand, if you want the bags the cool kids are using, check out these.

ortlieb-backroller-classic-panniers.jpg

I almost got them but I prefer being able to stow the panniers into the top bag like the Topeak and and the quick-disconnect to slide them off easily. For the rack I think the Topeak SuperTourist is very nice and prefer it to the Topeak Explorer I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes after looking up top peak tourist I ordered it! Great suggestion Brian! This is exactly why I bought the dash. With it being so affordable I'm able to completely deck this thing out top to bottom. And still spend less than a similar spec bike. Even after a spare battery for long trips;) I just really hope it has good longevity for all the use I'm going to be giving it. :rolleyes: If not I guess that's what I have a warranty for, piece of mind.

I bought this SKS front fender and it works fine. it is very easy to remove if you don't need it, but also very easy for someone else to remove..lol

I built the rear fender from an old fender, and attached it to my Topeak rack.. looks factory!

http://www.ebay.com.

I have the supertourist and it is very sturdy.. Make sure you get the model for disc brakes if you have them.

I bought this SKS front fender and it works fine. it is very easy to remove if you don't need it, but also very easy for someone else to remove..lol

I built the rear fender from an old fender, and attached it to my Topeak rack.. looks factory!

http://www.ebay.com.

I have the supertourist and it is very sturdy.. Make sure you get the model for disc brakes if you have them.
For the Dash E3 you use just the regular (not disk brake) version. That has all been posted about with pictures on another recent thread.

For the Dash E3 you use just the regular (not disk brake) version. That has all been posted about with pictures on another recent thread.

Thanks, Brian...I am on the fence in regards to the Super Tourist due to several owners (if you can believe the reviews) who feel that these bags http://www.topeak.com/products/bags/pannierdrybag_dx_yl simply aren't attached to the bike properly. The bags you pointed out above (yeah, I still dislike the price) supposedly have over 50% more capacity...yet I'm still trying to figure out whether they will attach any 'better' than the matching Topeak system.

I put a Cygolite 500 on mine partly based on reading about it in this thread.
I just bought a Cygolite 280 from REI (because it's smaller and lighter for off road use) but had trouble getting it to fit on the narrow portion of my bars (I'm testing a Haibike 27.5 FS right now) so I had to use an extra strip of rubber as well as the little plastic pieces it comes with. Did you have any issues with this or did it just work? Also, I like how the head part swivels so you can aim it towards the road if your bars curve a bit :)

I had to use extra rubber strips to mount it next to the control pad. It does have limited swivel, but not much. Enough for the dash, though. I had to tighten the screw where it swivels quite tight to make sure it stays aimed where I put it. Almost enough to make me worry about stripping the threads!

It is very bright!!!

Back