Dash Light Kit

pcrdude

The Dash appears to be quite successfull in its niche so far. Currie had previously mentioned a city kit and/or light kit for the Dash and Peak.

Has anyone heard any news on those items yet?

Although I have a Cygolite 500, I would be interested in a wired-on solution (and transfer the Cygo to my standard bike).

Thanks!!!

Good question... I remember hearing about this in person when I visited Currie's headquarters late last year and again right here but it was never a specific date. It is strange that the bike has been out so long but the city kit is still not available. Here is what @Larry Pizzi said in the other post:

The bike is prewired for a lighting system that is powered by the system battery pack. Any 6v lighting system will work and in a few months will have one packaged as an accessory. We currently have a german B&M lighting system that will work and also works on all of our eFlows models. The Dash will also have a full city kit (lights, rack and fenders) within the same time frame.

Any update on how that timeframe is coming along? I'd rather not aftermarket assemble an ad hoc package if I can get a proper kit from the manufacturer.

Personally I like the versatility of my aftermarket bits, bright 750 Lumen NightRider that I can put at an angle when I want to shape the light away from joggers, even the cars if I'm running full bright on a dark stretch, not to mention daylight flash mode, ability to use a flashlight etc. Just be cautious when plugging in the USB charging cable, flip & force = dead connector. I would not hold my breath for a kit that my disappoint you anyway. Using a Serfas Thunderbolt USB Rear Bike Light too BTW. -S

Finding the right light has been a bit painful for me as well. I spent way to much trying to find something that fit the Dash. It was important for me to find a light that has an integrated switch. The 2015 Model turns the lights automatically on and you have no control to turn it off at night. You can turn it on during the day if you want , but this option does not work at night. Since it is feeding of the main battery, I wanted to have a choice.
I got this light B & M IQ CYO PREMIUM
http://www.elektrofahrrad24.de/bm-i...ruecklichtanschluss-und-schalter#.VE-WWUtFC-R yesterday and it is reasonable strong. I took it for a short ride last night and I am glad that I have one that is fixed mounted now.

If you haven't seen it yet you should check the post entitled "double vision" for an interesting mounting option. I think I'm going to go in that direction. Looks very purpose built and OEM. Happens to be pictured with a very light that you purchased. I think the double lights look great! And it looks like I can get two non-premium versions of that light for the same cost as one the new premium model.

If you haven't seen it yet you should check the post entitled "double vision" for an interesting mounting option. I think I'm going to go in that direction. Looks very purpose built and OEM. Happens to be pictured with a very light that you purchased. I think the double lights look great! And it looks like I can get two non-premium versions of that light for the same cost as one the new premium model.

I have seen this post and like the option to mount 2 lights, but he is not using the lights that are connected to the Dash battery. They are different And are also not permanently mounted. Too many things to take off I you leave the bike some place. Thanks for the reference.

How do you plan to handle your concern that the bike lights will be controlled by the light sensor on the display panel? That for me is the reason to suffer the inconvenience of batteries. I ride with lights on al all times, with a flashing pattern during the day.

How do you plan to handle your concern that the bike lights will be controlled by the light sensor on the display panel? That for me is the reason to suffer the inconvenience of batteries. I ride with lights on al all times, with a flashing pattern during the day.
You can turn the light on during the day via the light switch at the bike controler, but you can't turn it off when it is dark.
I have an extra light with battery for flashing during day / and night. They are good to be seen, but are bad if you have to rely on seeing anything.

I had a 20 mile ride last night in the dark and I am happy with my purchase of my fixed mounted light:).

Hi guys! I reached out to Currie a while back and was given this information about their city kits (for IZIP electric bikes) which includes lights, fenders and racks for several models including the Path+, E3 Dash, E3 Zuma and E3 Metro. Each accessory includes a part number which might help you and your dealer with the ordering process.

@Larry Pizzi told me that "All are in stock and shipping to dealers or consumers can contact Currie directly." and I believe their number is (888) 377-7115. Also, the lighting kits might work for Raleigh and Diamondback electric bikes because many of them use Currie and TranzX drive systems just like IZIP.

currie-technologies-city-kits.jpg lights-for-izip-electric-bikes.jpg

The attached PDF has the most information and the images above are just screengrabs I took to make it easier to see if you're on a phone or tablet.

Attachments

• city-ebike-kits-currie-izip-raleigh-diamondback.pdf
    508.7 KB · Views: 633
Back