Dapu Display Readouts 2022 Production = = What is Going On ?

I have used two 2022 model eBikes that have Dapu Motors and their current standard Display, both bikes built in late 2021.
{currently traveling and do not have display number or Dapu software version data}
Both bikes have similar issues/problems and I'm interested if others are also having issues.

Bike One
Evelo Dash with 350W Dapu motor, motor controller, Dapu display.
Issue - - - reported MPH is not reliable.
Frequently it reported my speed at 50 MPH when I was in a lowww gear, going up a hill, at walking pace.
I did not have this bike long enough to document issue 2 reported on bike two

Bike Two
Evelo Aurora Limited with 750W Dapu motor, motor controller, same Dapu display as Dash.
Issue 1 - - - same as Dash. Reported MPH is not reliable. At first it was randomly reporting zero or 50 MPH. Now at 125+ miles it is reporting zero or 50 MPH nearly all the time; actual real-world MPH is randomly displayed.
Issue 2 - - - Trip Miles is way off.
On one trip Google Maps** says it was 21 miles. The Display read 31 miles.
On a second trip Maps says it was again 21 miles, Display read 16 miles.
The total ODO mileage matches the trip miles . . . ODO increased by 16 not 21

While some error between Google and the bike should be expected - - - this large and wide range is not right IMHO.

So any other folks seeing these types of issues ?

I'm thinking/hoping a software update could resolve these issues - - but have no idea how difficult that might be to obtain/install - - -

P.S.
I owned an older model year Aurora Limited with a different Dapu Display
That bike was also compared to Google Maps and the delta was very minor PLUS it never report my MPH at 50

** I took the time to plot my route in fine detail with several waypoints so the Google miles should be very accurate to my actual travel path - - - the 'automatic' shortest route or whatever was not a factor - - -

I ride an Aurora Ltd. Evelo has excellent tech help on their bikes. Why try to sort it out here with such helpful people at Evelo ready to help? WIth their 20,000 mile/four year warranty just call them and they will send a replacement display if they can't sort it out with a setting adjustment.
My Display battery level read out did not agree with the light bars on the battery itself so they sent me a new one. Easy replacement involving two mounting screws and plugging in the new display just below the handlebars, 5 minute job.

. . . Why try to sort it out here with such helpful people at Evelo ready to help?

Posting/Asking the question here was an attempt to learn how frequent this issue is and hoped hear what other owners have been told by Evelo Support. All in an effort to better understand the issue and to help guide my final action; live with issue, work with Evelo to resolve, return bike.

Unfortunately far too few folks have commented / responded to the question to provide any additional information.

As of June 10th Evelo Support says Dapu Factory Support suspects the error is being caused by the Display Unit itself.
Due to the world-wide IC storage Dapu used "spot market ICs" (origin/quality not as well documented) for their late 2021 Display Unit builds. Dapu suspects those ICs are the route cause.

I'm now waiting on a new Display Unit (with known quality ICs) that should arrive in US in a month or so.

We all have to deal with supply chain delays. If your issue is just inaccuracy but the bike is otherwise safe to ride, you can count yourself among the fortunate and keep riding and waiting.

Back