Customizing my Wallke X3 pro

They look massive in comparison to the wallke bars , I think for now the base bars are working fine for me with an extender bar so I can add the extras

Holy smokes, that's a lot of stuff on the bar.

The main reason I changed my Wallke bar out is because I'm used to riding with a 780-800mm bar, so the 680-ish mm bar that Wallke comes with is way too small and didn't feel that stable on some of the trails I normally ride. Now the ride is much better feeling on my shoulders and more stable feeling on the trails. I purposely didn't spend want too much on my Wallke and bought a Wake Comp bar for $24 shipped on Amazon.

Attachments

• Wallke3.JPG
    Wallke3.JPG
    988 KB · Views: 470
Have any of you Wallke owners pulled off a sweet jump?

Not with a 65 lb bike that's super rear-heavy due to the hub drive motor. And especially not with the cheap air fork that the Wallke comes with, and the fake rear 'air' shock (which has a really soft coil), as the suspension already bottoms out on short drops like jumping off of a curb.

If you're looking for sweet jumps and a great handling trail bike, then look into a mid-drive eMTB with better suspension that's purposely built for those duties. Otherwise, if you want a nice, easy going trail bike that can go over a lot of surfaces with ease, and has a smooth ride & lots of power, then the Wallke X3 Pro will work out great for you.

Upgraded the oem handlebars which is 26.25 inches.. around 667mm...

to 720mm ... much more stable steering and less crowding of the all the accessories I have installed
4E17A10A-B9BD-4022-B4E5-B93742620C5B.jpeg

Upgraded the oem handlebars which is 26.25 inches.. around 667mm...

to 720mm ... much more stable steering and less crowding of the all the accessories I have installed

Glad to hear you got some wider bars. Makes a huge difference on the heavy bike, and doesn't feel as sketchy when you're banking on a turn at higher speeds.

The stock Wallke X3 bars are actually 650mm (a few online reviewers mentioned it as well), but after I put on 780mm bars I realized that the 650mm bars are a lot better when you fold the bike in half and put it into the back of your car. With wider bars, you don't even need to fold the pedals since that won't even help with space (but folding the pedals with the 650 bar does make everything more compact).

I guess that's the trade off.

Glad to hear you got some wider bars. Makes a huge difference on the heavy bike, and doesn't feel as sketchy when you're banking on a turn at higher speeds.

The stock Wallke X3 bars are actually 650mm (a few online reviewers mentioned it as well), but after I put on 780mm bars I realized that the 650mm bars are a lot better when you fold the bike in half and put it into the back of your car. With wider bars, you don't even need to fold the pedals since that won't even help with space (but folding the pedals with the 650 bar does make everything more compact).

I guess that's the trade off.
I've loosened the handlebars and turned them to help get my X3 into the trunk of my 2001 Buick LeSabre. It almost fits well enough to close the trunk, but not quite, so I pad the bike and tie down the trunk lid. It's possible the bike maaaaay fit in the trunk completely if I separate the handlebars from the stem (or whatever that's called) and/or I discover a better way to position the bike in the trunk. Sadly, the trunk of my newer and nicer Camry is a lot smaller. This is a pic of when I tried to fit the bike into the trunk of the Camry. I could travel that way. The thought occurred to me though that, with the bike folded and the battery and/or battery compartment open, I'd need to ensure no rain gets in there.

Attachments

• 20201212_170921.jpg
    20201212_170921.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 361
  • 20201212_171013.jpg
    20201212_171013.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 369
Since getting the bike on Sept. 24, I have been doing mods to the bike. My list so far:

1. Added front and rear fenders ( Ecotric Fat bike fenders SH-DNB002-B )
2. Replaced saddle to Selle Royal Commuter
3. Replaced pedals (K-PEDC Aluminum)
4. Installed Lizard Skins Chainstay protector ( Medium )
5. Installed Chain guide tensioner ( this prevents the chain from slipping off when riding off-road )
6. Installed a 1200 Lumens LED rechargeable bike light on the steering post.
7. Added a handlebar extender and moved the iPhone charger to it.
8. Upgraded the front rotors to 203mm ( Shimano SMRT66 6-bolt rotor ) - you will need a mounting bracket ( PM to PM - post mount to post mount brake adapter ) - improved my braking and no more scraping noise from the front on Tektro rotors when hard braking
9. Upgraded the rear rotors to 180
10. Covered the Wallke logos with some carbon fiber vinyl
11. Replaced the Tourney derailleur with an Altus derailleur
12. Changed the chain from KMC Z-series to KMC X-series 8-speed chain - you will need to order 2 chains. The current chain has 128 links. 8-speed chains are 116. Break off 12 from one donor chain and add to the replacement.
13. Added Missing Link chain connector from KMC
14 Added rear view mirrors and installed on left shock absorber
15. Upgraded the rear warning light ( Don Pergrino B2-110 Lumens bike light )
16. Added orange slime on front and rear tires ( i ran over the infamous goat head seed and punctured the front tire )
17. Changed rear shock from HLT-100 to DNM-AO6 adjustable gas shock

Whew.

View attachment 69223
Thanx! How well does your
Since getting the bike on Sept. 24, I have been doing mods to the bike. My list so far:

5. Installed Chain guide tensioner ( this prevents the chain from slipping off when riding off-road )
8. Upgraded the front rotors to 203mm ( Shimano SMRT66 6-bolt rotor ) - you will need a mounting bracket ( PM to PM - post mount to post mount brake adapter ) - improved my braking and no more scraping noise from the front on Tektro rotors when hard braking
12. Changed the chain from KMC Z-series to KMC X-series 8-speed chain - you will need to order 2 chains. The current chain has 128 links. 8-speed chains are 116. Break off 12 from one donor chain and add to the replacement.
16. Added orange slime on front and rear tires ( i ran over the infamous goat head seed and punctured the front tire )

Whew.

View attachment 69223
Thanx! How well does the shock mounted mirror work? Do you know the brand/model #? Are you happy with your other mods, e.g., do you like the parts you chose, such as the seat?

I have since added a rear camera system and use my mirror as a backup. Some cheap model mirror from Amazon The seat/saddle is called Selle Royal.. the same brand as the stock.. but this is wider and has better cushioning than stock. I also broke the rear fender and replaced it with a plastic mud guard attached to the suspension with zip ties. I broke the rear fender when I lowered it and I was downhill going 28... and made a left turn at the bottom of the hill, I let the suspension ride out the corner and the rear fender got caught on the rear wheel and was ripped apart.
C6DC7558-DB02-406A-A03C-14B1835DCCCF.jpeg
18A6330B-306A-42AC-BC12-93BC96056E37.jpeg
59F340DD-876B-4280-A3E0-AF07537F5969.jpeg

I have since added a rear camera system and use my mirror as a backup. Some cheap model mirror from Amazon The seat/saddle is called Selle Royal.. the same brand as the stock.. but this is wider and has better cushioning than stock. I also broke the rear fender and replaced it with a plastic mud guard attached to the suspension with zip ties. I broke the rear fender when I lowered it and I was downhill going 28... and made a left turn at the bottom of the hill, I let the suspension ride out the corner and the rear fender got caught on the rear wheel and was ripped apart.View attachment 74333View attachment 74334View attachment 74335
Exxellent! Where did you get those fenders?

Whew.

View attachment 69223

Attachments

• 20210114_170159-01.jpeg
    20210114_170159-01.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 359

Whew.

View attachment 69223
Hello, I wanted to know if you are happy with the DNM-AO6 adjustable gas shock. Any other shocks that you were considering? or is his one the best you found?

Hello, I wanted to know if you are happy with the DNM-AO6 adjustable gas shock. Any other shocks that you were considering? or is his one the best you found?
Yes. It’s better than the oem shock. I would have wanted to go to 165mm, but I have the old controller with the 6-8 wires routed on the folding joint so I am limited to 150mm.

Have any of you Wallke owners pulled off a sweet jump?
I have 480 miles on my walkie Pro X3 2020 running around the city and some trails Golden Gate Park in the Marin headlands and some fairly rough trails around Morro Bay. Bike has taken a beating - this last trip one of the articulating frame bolts came loose which was quite a surprise. Also the rear cassette is slipping I guess it was never tightened to torque spec when it was built.

Back