Customization when ordering

And here we get into the reasons why R&M bikes are not completely customizable :)
even a Nicolai, that is really build to order, cannot fulfill every demand. Perfectly normal that there is a non OEM market for customizing :)
For an OEM this is logistic hell and no profit center. Have a look a the prices of German premium car brands, they do have some "Individual" line. Extremely expensive and even then you cannot have all you want.

even a Nicolai, that is really build to order, cannot fulfill every demand. Perfectly normal that there is a non OEM market for customizing :)
For an OEM this is logistic hell and no profit center. Have a look a the prices of German premium car brands, they do have some "Individual" line. Extremely expensive and even then you cannot have all you want.

I don't know.

You ought to take a look at Stinner Frame Works or Breadwinner Cycles. That is pretty full-on customization -- frames are not so much sized but built to your measurements, weight, and riding style. And the component choices are pretty open-ended.

Of course, you pay eyeball-popping prices for all that. But if there was a company doing that for a great all-road (and especially all awful roads) touring e-bike I'd fork over the dinero in a heartbeat.

I don't know.

You ought to take a look at Stinner Frame Works or Breadwinner Cycles. That is pretty full-on customization -- frames are not so much sized but built to your measurements, weight, and riding style. And the component choices are pretty open-ended.

Of course, you pay eyeball-popping prices for all that. But if there was a company doing that for a great all-road (and especially all awful roads) touring e-bike I'd fork over the dinero in a heartbeat.
But none of these companies do E bikes, and this is an E bike forum :cool: have a look at www.nicolai-bicycles.com they come pretty close re customizing

How many of these companies list such things such as gross vehicle weight ratings, etc. like R&M do.
The angle i was getting at was R&M probably limit customization so as to legally back these things up, or i assume.
And limit choices to =hopefully= setups that they have tested thoroughly.
For example, i think their Heavy Duty packages use Ergotec stems that have been tested at high speeds, etc.
And Schwalbe Super MotoX's list a gross weight loading of 145kg?
Legal down the line maybe.

On the bright side, I see R&M is now offering the automatiQ option on the Nevo with Enviolo...

May be they will offer it on the homage at one point if they like how it goes with the Nevo :)

Last edited:
Back