Custom Rear Bracket for CCS - replace reflector with tail light.

Andy_in_CA

Hey Everyone,

I am replacing the CCS rear reflector with this tail light. The OUTERO usb rechargable Tail light. I didn't like how it gets covered up easily under the seat post so I am making a 3d printed bracket to put it in place to where the current reflector is.

Here it is and it has the same mounting holes as the back of the stock reflector.

2017-09-09_23h34_24.png

it anyone else is interested let me know and i'll post the .stl file once i know the design is good....and you can print one yourself.

I'm printing mine now... so i'll post pictures when its done.

Andy

Here is the first prototype print. everything fits nicely. tomorrow i'll get some small bolts and some plastic dip spray paint to get a matching matte black.. and i'll call it done. I'll post pics when its mounted.

FYI I was able to use a piece of original mount which is the black part you see there.

bracket04.jpg bracket03.jpg bracket02.jpg bracket01.jpg

Here is my bracket for anyone to use as they like. I've used #6 32 machine screws with locking nuts and it works great

Attachments

• CCS_rear_rack_bracket.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 485
Andy, thanks for posting this! I am awaiting my CCS, to be delivered tomorrow.
Do the laser lines require adjustment if it is bolted on the rack vs on the seat post? or does it not matter?
It seems the lines would be a little far back if bolted on the rack.

You can angle is down if you like if it's on the back and the lasers on one side are being blocked by my panniers. Additionally if you want anything on the top of the rack this or any tail light will be blocked.

So guessing the lines will come up to the pedals can further up. Which is fine with me.

Best Andy

Last edited:
Please keep us posted - I will likely do this but have it done for me so would like to get it right the first time.

Did you do this in PLA, ABS, Nylon?

Please keep us posted - I will likely do this but have it done for me so would like to get it right the first time.

Did you do this in PLA, ABS, Nylon?

I modeled & printed a mount so I could put a reflector & blinky on the rear of my rack on my CC. Printed in PETG & it's held up for several months now & thousands of miles. I was afraid of layer separation with the orientation (slightly angled & near perpendicular to the tube) I printed in but it's holding.
20170911_192747_resized.jpg

nice. are we looking up from the bottom? I was thinking of doing something similar. there was one on thingiverse that had a tube that you mount the light to.

very nice.

nice. are we looking up from the bottom? I was thinking of doing something similar. there was one on thingiverse that had a tube that you mount the light to.

very nice.

Yep from the bottom. This was custom to my Performance Bike branded rack, but the same idea can be applied to any.

Light_Mount_Rack_Rev2.jpg

Back