Custom paint jobs on R&M

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
Sharing this - saw on it on newsletter from Omafiets in Sydney that did my custom build gravel bike:

IMG_5400.jpeg

Caption was:

Could it get any Pinker?

Long-time customer Yvonne had been trying out e-bikes for literally years, but it wasn't until she saw the fluro pink powdercoat on Chris's Riese & Muller Load that she knew the time had come. We stripped back a Riese & Muller Tinker, sent it off to get pink, built it back up, and now it's cruising the streets of Sydney.

Pretty cool hey ?

Anyone else seen custom paint jobs on R&M?

R&M Load is still at the top of my "want to ride" list! Love it! My first proper bike was a Pink Hutch Trickstar!

To be fair I love my factory “tundra grey matte” on my Superdelite Mountain. I do love the burnt orange/bronze on the old Superdelite too, which I could be tempted to convert to.

To be fair I love my factory “tundra grey matte” on my Superdelite Mountain. I do love the burnt orange/bronze on the old Superdelite too, which I could be tempted to convert to.
I have a work team mate in Singapore that rode road bikes and had a mate who changed his bike paint job every six months - he was a fan of neon pink/yellow/orange etc and then would get riding kit to match.

Reckoned it was only $700 to get custom paint job (I doubt that included stripping down and rebuilding the bike).

I like the idea of custom paint jobs - I wonder if custom bike wrapping has advanced like cars getting advertising wrapping ?? Haven’t looked into it.

I have a work team mate in Singapore that rode road bikes and had a mate who changed his bike paint job every six months - he was a fan of neon pink/yellow/orange etc and then would get riding kit to match.

Reckoned it was only $700 to get custom paint job (I doubt that included stripping down and rebuilding the bike).

I like the idea of custom paint jobs - I wonder if custom bike wrapping has advanced like cars getting advertising wrapping ?? Haven’t looked into it.
1685225495622.png

Looks more protection than looks:

Back