Cube Nuride arrived. Terrible quality control?

Homet

Just had my bike delivered with a few faults.

Some paint flaws, couple of deep marks
Seat broken. The metal tube under the seat has become dislodged. I can’t put it back in.
The left pedal crank arm has no thread for the pedal.
The left brake lever was wrapped around the frame and then the handlebars were turned for storage so I had to completely remove the lever and attachment, and re-attach this after unwrapping it first. I have no idea if anything was damaged and the brake cable was so tight on the frame that I couldn’t get my finger between the cable and the frame.
The key would not unlock the battery at first. On examination it was slightly bent. Second key was ok.

I have seen better quality on my wife’s £500 Chinese Fiido. Really, really disappointed. Now I have to find something else - I’ve not even had a chance to try it - no left pedal. 😟

Attachments

• ABA666FE-17B2-4AD6-A7B8-7A716239A409.jpeg
    ABA666FE-17B2-4AD6-A7B8-7A716239A409.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 8F5A6918-30EF-4FA9-BAD5-EE463FD5D1B2.jpeg
    8F5A6918-30EF-4FA9-BAD5-EE463FD5D1B2.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 479
  • BBC0812E-A1F8-474B-9D38-B3AB5AF5A94C.jpeg
    BBC0812E-A1F8-474B-9D38-B3AB5AF5A94C.jpeg
    453.7 KB · Views: 482
Or, the people who assembled the bike. Because they had to reassemble the bike from parts before shipping it to you.

Such things used to happen for other brands, too. There was a report of a user of a known brand, to who his e-bike was given (I think at the LBS) with the right pedal turned into the left crank... At an LBS!

Your Nuride should have been inspected before shipment and not sent out to you before the bike was in good shape. (Even R&M e-bikes are sent out with chips on the frame but it is another story - no excuse for your case).

Oh what a disappointment; things fall over in delivery vans but a thread less crank arm ?

so are they sending another, or are you back looking at your options?

Not heard from the shop yet, suspect it will be tomorrow. I honestly don’t think I want this one after so many issues.
It’s not just the crank arm, it’s the knackered seat, the bent key, the scratches, the possibly damaged brake lever and all this is before I’ve even had a chance to ride the bloody thing. Someone’s offered me a KTM bike, don’t know anything about them..

Ok, bike being collected. Wandered into a local(ish) store and they had a small Reaction Pro Hybrid 625 - my perfect size and decent spec too. Needless to say, I bought it and have ridden it once before charging it. What can I say, the bike is just astonishing. It just purrs and sweeps along so effortlessly. Honestly didn’t know a bike could be this good! Very, very happy finally. It looks very small next to the Nuride even though both are 29ers!

Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625

Thanks everyone, finally have a decent bike!

I'm so glad Homet you've found that e-bike. The specs look excellent: the CX Gen 4 motor, 625 Wh battery, 100 mm travel fork, 12-speed drive-train...

Thx!
Do you guys use Slime / Goop for the tyres? I was going to add some tomorrow.
Whats the deal with the tyres? Are they unusual or something?

Smart Sams are truly excellent tyres. They are completely silent on sealed roads and aggressive enough to ride even through shallow sand. You can ride your Reaction in any terrain!

Using a sealant is highly recommended. Your tyres will require 60 ml (cm3) of sealant each.

Just had my bike delivered with a few faults.

Some paint flaws, couple of deep marks
Seat broken. The metal tube under the seat has become dislodged. I can’t put it back in.
The left pedal crank arm has no thread for the pedal.
The left brake lever was wrapped around the frame and then the handlebars were turned for storage so I had to completely remove the lever and attachment, and re-attach this after unwrapping it first. I have no idea if anything was damaged and the brake cable was so tight on the frame that I couldn’t get my finger between the cable and the frame.
The key would not unlock the battery at first. On examination it was slightly bent. Second key was ok.

I have seen better quality on my wife’s £500 Chinese Fiido. Really, really disappointed. Now I have to find something else - I’ve not even had a chance to try it - no left pedal. 😟
Oh, have to add, the original dealer offered me £15 compensation if I kept the Nuride. I nearly pissed myself laughing..
It sounds like a really bad dealer Homet! I am sorry for all the troubles you had.

Did the Nuride come on the original Cube box? I guess that it was repacked after the test assembly by your dealer. What I have seen is that the dealers ignore that these are not normal 8-15 kilos bikes!
Mine came packed like a tank from Germany (from Cube dealer that assembled it and the repacked it in a much larger box) but still the courier company managed to drop the whole box upside down and the rear rack topplate had a small bend. The dealer immediately ordered and sent a new rack to me free of charge, and returned 200 euros back to my card for the issue.
I will of course buy bikes from them again in the future as they seem very professional and serious about their customers.

Enjoy your new eBike! Forget about the initial bad experience. I passed 500km today, in less than 6 weeks of riding.
This is already more than what i've done earlier this year (in 10 months :) )

Attachments

• 20201126_141529.jpg
    20201126_141529.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 328
My bike came from Bikester in Germany, packed in a generic bike box. There were 2 triangular shaped cardboard tyre holders in each corner and a box for the manuals and charger. That’s it, no extra padding. It’s a miracle that it wasn’t smashed to bits. The £15 they offered was for the cost of the replacement seat and a new crank arm. I don’t think the know how much these things cost.

@Homet: You have been lucky to buy your Cube at an LBS. Good for you because these people will take care of your e-bike.
@skritikos: You bought from MHW-BIKE. Do you have a slightest idea what "available from week 11, 2021" might mean? Do they expect a potential customer to pre-pay the bike now?! What do you think?

Back