Cube Nuride arrived. Terrible quality control?

Oh, have to add, the original dealer offered me £15 compensation if I kept the Nuride. I nearly pissed myself laughing..
Great to see you have your issue resolved. No threads on a crank arm seems quite unusual, however, strange that QC did not catch that before shipment to customer. I have always believed Cube to be a great brand with many nice designs.
15 pounds comp is laughable considering all of the flaws you had to deal with. Cheers and Enjoy your new ride! :)

Ok, bike being collected. Wandered into a local(ish) store and they had a small Reaction Pro Hybrid 625 - my perfect size and decent spec too. Needless to say, I bought it and have ridden it once before charging it. What can I say, the bike is just astonishing. It just purrs and sweeps along so effortlessly. Honestly didn’t know a bike could be this good! Very, very happy finally. It looks very small next to the Nuride even though both are 29ers!

Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 625

Thanks everyone, finally have a decent bike!
Glad it worked out and now you have an even better bike than you started with! There is no excuse for the unthreaded arm . The worker must have been on crack that day. I am also glad to see you did not give up on the Brand. They make many fine bikes.

@Homet: You have been lucky to buy your Cube at an LBS. Good for you because these people will take care of your e-bike.
@skritikos: You bought from MHW-BIKE. Do you have a slightest idea what "available from week 11, 2021" might mean? Do they expect a potential customer to pre-pay the bike now?! What do you think?

Stefan, unfortunately this is a crazy year due to Mr. Covid-19. I think it will more or less the same in 2021 too. These are estimations provided by Cube. Cube is not building bikes to stock them in warehouses and then wait for the orders. Every dealer must request the bikes they need very early in every model year. So you can see some bikes, lets say available to some dealers when some others will wait for the next production batch in 'x' months.

As MHW people are more than capable in their communication, my suggestion is to ask them directly. They usually reply on the same day (work days).

Which is the bike you're looking for? Please share the full name so I can check some other stores.

Glad it worked out and now you have an even better bike than you started with! There is no excuse for the unthreaded arm . The worker must have been on crack that day. I am also glad to see you did not give up on the Brand. They make many fine bikes.
I think that its more possible that someone at the LBS mounted a pedal on the wrong side and flattened all threads. I have seen that before in a local shop.
Of course, you then take your bike and rrrruuuunnnnn away!

Stefan, unfortunately this is a crazy year due to Mr. Covid-19. I think it will more or less the same in 2021 too. These are estimations provided by Cube. Cube is not building bikes to stock them in warehouses and then wait for the orders. Every dealer must request the bikes they need very early in every model year. So you can see some bikes, lets say available to some dealers when some others will wait for the next production batch in 'x' months.

As MHW people are more than capable in their communication, my suggestion is to ask them directly. They usually reply on the same day (work days).

Which is the bike you're looking for? Please share the full name so I can check some other stores.
@skritikos: Thank you for your answer and the offer to help! I will recommend Specialized Turbo Como Low-Step to my friend though. I've been to an impressive Specialized "salon" that is only 4 km from my friend, have all models, are friendly & professional, and are fully backed by Specialized Poland. We don't have the same for Cube here, unfortunately.

@skritikos: Thank you for your answer and the offer to help! I will recommend Specialized Turbo Como Low-Step to my friend though. I've been to an impressive Specialized "salon" that is only 4 km from my friend, have all models, are friendly & professional, and are fully backed by Specialized Poland. We don't have the same for Cube here, unfortunately.
I really admire Specialized for some of their technology but I dont like at all the very custom proprietary solutions they apply on many things.
I see my eBike as a vehicle, not just any other bike, and I prefer to have an easy service through independent Bosch locations instead of having to pay for the mark-up prices of Specialized.

PS. It's just my opinion :)

I really admire Specialized for some of their technology but I dont like at all the very custom proprietary solutions they apply on many things.
I see my eBike as a vehicle, not just any other bike, and I prefer to have an easy service through independent Bosch locations instead of having to pay for the mark-up prices of Specialized.

PS. It's just my opinion :)
My opinion is it is far easier to service an e-bike when your nearest authorised dealers is 4 km apart than when he's 300 km away at best :)

Back