Cube Kathmandu Hybred 500 one easy step or Trek Allante+7 Low step

You would probably get far better LBS assistance for Trek down there in Canada. Or, is there any Cube dealer around you that could be trusted?

You would probably get far better LBS assistance for Trek down there in Canada. Or, is there any Cube dealer around you that could be trusted?
Thanks but there are both Trek and Cube dealers here close to where I live. That is why I am asking about these 2 bikes.

Both are equal e-bikes that differ on small details. I like the looks of Cube more. The only downside of the Cube is the 2 A charger (Trek uses a 4 A one). Ask Cube dealer if they could sell the 4 A charger to you. (Cube has a better drive-train).

Any chance for a demo ride?

To be honest you can’t go wrong with either model. Both Cube and Trek are both reputable and reliable companies that produce high quality e-bikes.

Although Trek might have the edge in customer service due to their vast network of dealers and is more vertically integrated than Cube.

To be honest you can’t go wrong with either model. Both Cube and Trek are both reputable and reliable companies that produce high quality e-bikes.

Although Trek might have the edge in customer service due to their vast network of dealers and is more vertically integrated than Cube.
Thanks for the replys and comments on the Cube and Trek bikes.
I see that you are in Europe, are the European bikes like Moustache and Gazell better bikes than the Cube and Trek?

Both are equal e-bikes that differ on small details. I like the looks of Cube more. The only downside of the Cube is the 2 A charger (Trek uses a 4 A one). Ask Cube dealer if they could sell the 4 A charger to you. (Cube has a better drive-train).

Any chance for a demo ride?
Thank you for your advice. Can I also ask you then, as you are in Europe if the Moustache xroad and the Gazelle t10 ultimate are better bike and better suport than the Trek and Cube?

Thanks for the replys and comments on the Cube and Trek bikes.
I see that you are in Europe, are the European bikes like Moustache and Gazell better bikes than the Cube and Trek?
Well based on my own opinion overall Gazelle is maybe slightly down market compared to Trek and on par with Cube. I would guess though Cube is marginally better than Gazelle.

Gazelle is overshadowed by other more well-known Dutch brands like Koga and Jan Jenssen. Their not trying to move the needle as they know their place in the market.

Moustache is much smaller of a company compared to Trek and Cube.Trek has e-bikes and regular bikes that retail for 12k. I’m not aware of any Moustache e-bikes that retail for that much. That being said Moustache is only high-end and really has no alternatives below upper mid-range(someone correct me if I’m wrong).

Moustache designs in my opinion are second to none and their frames are generally better quality (probably best in the market) and have very unique features compared to Trek, Cube and Gazelle. Moustache has the best looking e-bikes on the market from what I’ve seen.

If my next e-bike isn’t a Trek it will be a Moustache.

The Moustache xroad is better than the Gazelle T10 ultimate. You would definetly get better service and support from Trek compared to Moustache and I’m not sure about the level of Cube’s support but I’ve heard it’s good. Moustache you would rely on the LBS you bought it from, they don’t have the vast corporate and LBS infrastructure Trek boasts.

Last edited:
I'm a North American living in Europe so I can comment on this. I spent a good 6 months looking for an Ebike and was looking at the Cube Kathmandu, various Treks, Moustache, Scott, Winora and Gazelle.

I would say that all of these bikes are good quality, with similar frames & components and at a similar price level are *very* close to identical. You couldn't go wrong with any of them. It really boils down to if you find a good deal, how it looks, how it rides/geometry or if one particular brand has a specific feature you are looking for that others don't offer at the same price.

Here in Europe, I think you got more for your money with Cube than Trek. But that may be reversed in Canada. In the end, I personally chose a Winora iX10. German manufacturer (owned by Accell Group) and not known at all in North America as far as I can see. It's a great bike but I know that I would have been equally as happy with another brand.

Also don't discount having a bike shop nearby that can support whichever brand you choose.

Good luck in your hunt.

Back