CrossCurrent X questions

banshee28

So I have an email in to their tech support but wanted to get some ideas/answers here from those who may know.

I know thee CCX has both cadence and torque sensors which is one reason why I am considering it. However at low speed (PAS 1) what would be the minimum speed one would be able to pedal and still have assist? I am asking since on other bikes with cadence only, PAS1 is like on/off and quickly goes right up to 12MPH! Does the CCX perform differently at low speeds? I can say with my other ebike and KT controller I have it setup perfectly, but I know this would not be configurable much other than the PAS "1-5" or so, correct?

This seems like a really nice bike, so hope this detail is not a deal-breaker.

The assist kicks in at any speed below 28mph and performs the same whether you're riding at 10mph or 20mph, no matter the assist level. I don't know if the assist can be controlled beyond the level. I know you can limit the assist to lower than 28mph if you so choose.

Thanks. I would just hope that the torque sensor would perform better than a on/off switch and if pedaling very slow around a corner, it would provide very little assist.

Last edited:
In my experience that is what it is like. The amount of assist the bike gives is a combination of how hard you pedal, how fast you pedal and your assist level. So pedaling from a stop doesn't just jolt you forward. You've also got the throttle that get you moving faster as well.

It sounds like you may be in the cadence mode which act like an on and off switch. Try changing to the torque sensing mode. Mine has no surging in the torque sensing mode just a pleasant natural riding feel with no on and off feeling..

It sounds like you may be in the cadence mode which act like an on and off switch. Try changing to the torque sensing mode. Mine has no surging in the torque sensing mode just a pleasant natural riding feel with no on and off feeling..
Thanks. Actually I just have a pre-order in for one so don't actually own one yet! This is how I was hoping the torque sensor would work, but I only have exp with cadence sensor bikes.

Any other comments on this model?

I have the older Juiced Cross Current with Torque + Cadance Sensor. I can set my assist to the maximum (Race Mode) up to 28mph+ and still ride slowly at around 8 mph, as long as I am not pedalling hard and on a low light gear.

Even at maximum assist, I can still go slowly enough to make a U-Turn and a residental side street. It will not jolt you forward as long as you are pedalling lightly.

I have the older Juiced Cross Current with Torque + Cadance Sensor. I can set my assist to the maximum (Race Mode) up to 28mph+ and still ride slowly at around 8 mph, as long as I am not pedalling hard and on a low light gear.

Even at maximum assist, I can still go slowly enough to make a U-Turn and a residental side street. It will not jolt you forward as long as you are pedalling lightly.
Very glad to hear, thanks!

My experience is based on my Aventon Pace 500, however I wont clutter up this thread discussing that one, lol.

Back